Will the WTBTS come to an end?

by pierogi 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pierogi
    pierogi

Oh, I forgot to add this in my last post. Do you think the society would ever make up their own statistics or change them to make everything look good?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Finally_Free:

If the watchtower came to an end I'm sure some members would form splinter groups, some more liberal than the watchtower, and some more abusive.

As even today, a significant number (I don't know how many), are "splinter groups" from the Dawnites, and Chicago Bible Students (a major hotbed in the 20s and 30s). Then there are the Standfasters and the Johnsonites (from P.S.L. Johnson).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Oh, I forgot to add this in my last post. Do you think the society would ever make up their
    own statistics or change them to make everything look good?

You mean they haven't already done that? I bet they have. They probably limit this.
    First they try to push the numbers by "honest" measures. They allow inactive
    seniors to count 15 minutes a month. They count captive children as "Interested
    ones" who study with JW's and attend the Memorial. They might use the
    tried and true method of saying that 20% of the partakers are mistaken, so we'll
    just reduce the number by 20%.

• misocup
    misocup

It will, but I do not expect it in the near future.

the end delayed won't be a major issue for hardcore jw . There are about 1.x billion of Chinese atheists to preach to. It takes an average of 4-5 years to convert one of them, so there is still plenty to do in the work of the Lord to justify that the end has not come yet.

Publishers will be kept busy and away from thinking with more global campaigns, starting with memorial of 2007.

money is and will be the main issue.

It will be interesting to see 2014 come and go.

Hi,

I agree that it won't be in the near future. All new converts will not be able to look back in the historical record to see the past predictions of the end.

Why do you think the memorial 2007 will have an influence?

Sorry, another question... What is 2014?

Miso

• pierogi
    pierogi

Miso,

I asked the same thing about 2014. All it is is 100 years after 1914.

About the memorial invites, I don't know how it is any different from every other year. Then again, I don't really know much about what new goes on in the organization since I haven't gone in a year.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's hard to tell what the future will bring, they can't change to become mainstream that's for sure and they don't have much of a future since there are signs that in the western world they are not increasing much not even in the USA. The internet has caused them a lot of damage. Whatever the case I don't think they are worried since they have a lot of money or at least real estate and they can always morph into a business other than the religious one they are now.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I think anarchy will bring the WTS down. Armagedon is supposed to happen between some time now and 2034. After 2034 if the big A has not arrived then expect the WTS properties to be ransacked. The housing problem will be so acute by then that I guess squatters will inhabit the WTS properties.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Sorry, another question... What is 2014?
    No claims have been made by the Society concerning 2014. However, just as the number 1000 (a millenium) has an impact on humans for no logical reason, so too does 100 (a century). The subconscious mind will cause many to say to themselves when that year passes uneventful,"wait a minute, wasn't something supposed to happen by now?"

exactly.

Why do you think the memorial 2007 will have an influence?

there is going to be another global campaign, invitations given out from door to door as it was done for the district convention invitation last year (and recently with kingdom news)! It is a way to keep publishers busy, active and excited (?!?), so away from thinking and doubting.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Oh, I forgot to add this in my last post. Do you think the society would ever make up their own statistics or change them to make everything look good?

I don't think so. what they play with is the interpretation of the figures focusing only on the positive aspects.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    No claims have been made by the Society concerning 2014
    Armagedon is supposed to happen between some time now and 2034. After 2034 if the big A
    has not arrived then expect the WTS properties to be ransacked.

As mentioned, 100 years is psychologically a big step. I can imagine a few people who
    have said, "I'LL give them til 2014, then I'm outta there." Some did it for 80 years from
    1914, I have read some stories, others stayed to 2000. They are a minority, though.

After a few thousand (or less) leave after the 100 year anniversary, many will have their sites set on
    2034. (As a review- God set the limit of man to 120 years before the flood. 1914 + 120 = 2034.)

Unless the GB is so bold as to suggest 2034 is the upper limit of Armageddon, it would be a minority
    again. BUT, the good news is that they just might suggest it. Recruiting and retainment is soooo down.
    They might see a great last-ditch effort. As I mentioned earlier, most of the current GB will be dead by
    2034 anyway, they could vote to write about the "interesting possibility of Armageddon by Autumn 2034."

If they don't stick their necks out, expect the continual long slow death, with occasional efforts with varied
    success to recruit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit