Characteristics of Narcissistic Mothers

by rebel8 45 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm relieved. My mom was never THAT bad! She's self-absorbed and selfish for sure, and it is all about HER, but she limited her control to a few manipulative techniques. All she did was make sure that HER needs came first.

She had her good points, too. She taught me to be an observant bird watcher. I see things other people miss.

AND I can spot manipulative language at twenty paces. Permanently inoculated from the WT nastyness.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Many of these things describe my mother, too, but she goes above and beyond this. One day I'm going to look into psychopathic behavior... Just thinking about it at this point makes me sick.

I cut my mother out of my life a couple years ago. It's been a huge relief, and I think the only way I can truly heal.

(((((hugs))))) to everyone who ever had to live with a narcissistic mother....

GGG

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

right back at ya (((((GGG)))))

Josie

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

THIS IS MY MOTHER!!!!! She became very ill recently and I was the unfortunate child to take care of her. My babysister is her GOLDEN CHILD - As I was cleaning the crap off of her but, she looked at me and said "I sure wish L******* was here!!. I wanted to drop her on the floor, instead I said, "I wish she were her too".

I got had my oldest child when I was 18, she said to me "I guess you will be a whore now, having baby after baby by different men" (long sigh), my next child was born 5 years later after I'd been married for 2 years. My sister the GOLDEN CHILD had her first child (twins) at age 15!!! she now has 6 all by different daddies!!!

nj

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I saw this and thought it sounded like my sister-in-law. I sent it to my wife who thought it seemed more like her mother almost word for word. She started telling me stories from her childhood... wow.

To this day she still fights and bends over backwards trying to get affection from her mother, who really could care less. She came out to help with the birth of our first son but got overwhelmed by the stress of it all that she was bedridden for 3 days.

So my wife is in the hospital worried sick about her mother who is bedridden at our house. After my wife was released her mom mysteriously got better and went home.

• trevor
    trevor

Someone once called me, 'a son of a bitch.'

'Oh! you must have met my mother.' I replied

• winnie
    winnie

I'm with GGG.

My mother was all that and more...and it took until I was 26 to finally break away!

I am glad that there is a name for what she is, as I thought I was going mad! I thought my hubby was the only other person to see how she was with me, then my auntie started telling me stories about when I was younger. I am so glad that I must have 'blanked' them out, as I would be totally screwed up otherwise!

• 30girl
    30girl

Rebel8, I think I'm going to cry, so much of this sounds like my mother and my mother-in-law, both baptized in 1974, so many things...so many. Thank you for the article. 30girl

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wow!! This is my Grandma! Thanks for posting!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

marking

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit