Do you know what your last name means and where it comes from...?

by Justahuman24 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I have an Italian regional last name. Meaning, is comes from a region and the people who lived there were all referred too as this last name.

Ditto for me.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes I have it from a name research data base

abr

• juni
    juni

dedpoet said: found a couple of meanings for my surname, which is Spencer

1. A kind of wig

2. A short-breasted overcoat

I'll let that one pass Trev. giggle

Juni

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

My last name means Fat John, no joke, it's French.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Italian, meaning child of Nicola, son of Angelo.

tall penguin

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

You aren't going mad. You did post to this thread in an alternative universe. Here's a wormhole for ya:

Thanks, FE203girl! LOL!

Welp....I just did a little research on me mither's side of the family. Her father's name was Neill, shortened from O'Neill. The "O" in O'Neill means "son of" or "descendant of" and Neill comes from the Gaelic word "niahl" which means "champion." The O'Neill's are one of three royal families in Ireland that allegedly originated in County Tyrone. The coat of arms is similar to that of the Minter family (my father's side) but also includes the color cobalt blue and 2 lions holding a hand, palm faced forward and a fish. ( I've gotta check out the symbolisms)

I also noticed that an O'Neill settled in Tennessee perhaps several centuries ago, which is where my great grandmother (on my mother's mother's side), Eliza Bailey Sanford Warren was originally from. That makes sense.

Frannie

• poppers
    poppers

The root of my name is slavic/Polish/Russian and it can mean "father, little father, son of the father".

• uninformed
    uninformed

Jones is my last name,

I have been told that it is a Welsh name, however Welsh does not have a J in the language. It appears that King John and his supporters were run out of England at one time, and went to Wales, and the name Jones was derived from "John's Men" and shortened to Jones.

Don't know if it is true.

Brant Jones

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

hey, what happened to my post?

Again, my last name means,"My parents are Jehobo's Bozos."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit