Help! they're giving me a talk #4 entittled:" IDENTIFYING APOSTATES"

by dark angle 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Dear brothers and sisters. It has come to the attention to the pharisees in brooklyn that apostates are trying to subvert their already subverted teachings. Put yourself in their shoes, dear brothers and sisters. Imagine if you spent your entire life building a god-dishonoring printing empire and all of a sudden found yourself being verbally attacked by those you you have abused. What if deep down you knew that the people attacking you were just defending themselves against your hypocritical teachings. Wouldn't your fear of being stripped of your self-proclaimed status cause you to try to discredit those who oppose you? So, the next time you see someone saying anything bad about the duplicitous pricks who run this backwards organization, put yourself in the governing body's shoes and find away to discredit these people by any means possible.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You could mention that the word Apostate does not appear in the New Testament, and Dereks idea of mentioning apostate reasonings are good. Try to make it seem as straight and accurate from a Watchtower point of view as possible, as that really highlights the stupidity of it all without getting you in trouble. The brainwashed will love your talk, the thinkers will think a bit more. So you could go something like this:

"The word apostate never appears in the Christian Greek Scriptures. The word apostasy does, referring to the antichrist and the turning away from true worship at the end of the first century. Read Scripture. So strictly speaking an apostate is someone that turns away from Christ. Now not all that stop being Witnesses stop believing in Christ. But of course we know that an apostate is someone that does not believe everything that the Governing Body tells us. Find a quote.

When someone questions the Governing Body we need to question their motives. The Watchtower 1986 March 15 p.18 in an article entitled Allow No Place for the Devil ! tells us:

“ What is often the motive of those who criticize the Society or those taking the lead? Is it not often that some application of Scripture affects them personally ? Rather than conform to sound doctrine and direction, they want the organization to change. Let us illustrate this with a few examples:

… Occasionally you may hear someone question whether the Scriptural prohibition against eating blood really applies to transfusions. But what is behind that reasoning? Is it fear —fear of possibly losing one’s present life or the life of a loved one? Is hope in the resurrection fading? ...

Finally, we might consider what the Society has published in the past on chronology . Some opposers claim that Jehovah’s Witnesses are false prophets. These opponents say that dates have been set, but nothing has happened. Again we ask, What is the motive of these critics? Are they encouraging wakefulness on the part of God’s people, or are they, rather, trying to justify themselves for falling back into sleepy inactivity?”

Many became apostates after 1975 and again after the change of the generation teaching in 1995. Now although they still believed in Jesus, they stopped believing that Jehovah directs the Governing Body when it makes changes to teachings about when the end will come. But what was their motive? Do you think maybe that they were not Witnesses for the right reason. So brothers and sisters, let us always have unquestioning faith in Jehovahs earthly organization so that we to do not become like apostates that are reserved for everlasting destruction."

• dark angle
    dark angle

zicco, xjwms and others here who were very kind to share their ideas: Sorry for this late response. Our internet connection was terrible for about a week. However, I was able to make that "difficult talk" with all your contributions. I made my family happy, the JWs clapping, and hopefully the open minded people thinking. Here’s the brief out line I did. I think a better title of my talk would be BLIND OBEDIENCE. I Took the Definition about apostasy here and somehow blended it with the reasoning from the scriptures and emphasized the falling away from the truth as laid out in the bible. Then I pointed out 4 points: 1. Causing divisions in the congregation. 2. Not interested in preaching or conveying the truth to others 3. Rejecting the authority of gods visible organization 4. Always criticizing gods servants Then I added that everyone here among us that doubt, even a little bit, about the decrees of the GB could be an apostate. Therefore we would never look, even peep a second, at famous internet sites that are harboring apostates, not question any sound doctrine & policies we have, should not read any literature that is one way or another not in conformity of our publications…… because we only have one source for the truth and that is the WTBS, the winning bidder of Gods channel for truth. (I delivered as forcefully as I could, but for me,in my heart, that ideas are boring)

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Get up on the stage and point to yourself... JK. That's really funny that they gave you that talk. Kinda like I was the WT reader about violent entertainment!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, dark angle, for checking in. I've always said it's human nature to open the door that says "do not enter". Good job on telling them all of the places "not" to look.

• TheListener
    TheListener

It's not often that someone is so direct and frank from the platform. A lot of the TMS speakers tend to softpeddle the truth. Hopefully your presentation will cause some to think about the organization they're a part of.

• dark angle
    dark angle

Rabbit, my sympathies. there is no way i could really feel the irritation that you are experiencing but i think you're not alone in your problems. in other ways all of us here are unpleasantly bearing from the effects of this policies made by the WTBS. i myself wants to change things in my family but it is out of my power to so at the moment. but keep in mind no matter what our heavenly father is nowhere like the tempers of those people leading the WTBS, he understands you more than what you know about yourself and he is very loving and merciful more than we could imagine. take charge man your not alone in this battle.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

Dark Angel, I have given the same talk along the lines of the four points that you have brought out. However, I indirectly pointed them at a particular party in our congregation who feel that they are high and mighty over everyone else.

Needless to say, I have just recieve my first Bible reading in over 5 years after doing # 4 talks all this time. Maybe the points that I had presented actually hit where I was aiming for!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit