Help! they're giving me a talk #4 entittled:" IDENTIFYING APOSTATES"

by dark angle 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Hi DarkAngel,

Sounds to me like they might be testing to see how you respond. Depends on whether you want them going further in your life as to how you decide to handle this.

avidbiblereader gave you a talk outline! :) So only real 2 options: call in sick or use the instant outline (w/your own "flavor" added).

A mystery solved.

Juni

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

What "material" are you supposed to use?

I'm sure you can make up a perfectly ambiguous talk with it...

• blondie
    blondie

The #4 talks are designed now without material pre-assigned expecting the talk giver to do research. I don't know if this is one, but it could be.

Blondie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'd almost be tempted to give a soft point-of-view regarding apostates. Give the dictionary definition of apostate instead of the WT. Put us in a golden light.

BTW, I'm your TMS overseer and I had a fun time picking out who to give that one to.

Kwin

• dark angle
    dark angle

carla & juni, they seemed to have some inkling about my apostate leaning. thats the reason im quite troubled. plus my whole family is present including my very active mom & dad that came from Australia & on vacation here. for now, i don't feel like to upset them and spoil a good family reunion.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I think Sir has a great idea and the scriptural points taht ABR gave are a great starting point. The only thing is how far are you willing to go before the elders really notice something is up? Good luck. If it were me, I'd <<cough cough>> play sick.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow that is an interesting assignment. I also wonder if they are testing you, or maybe it just happens to be a coincidence. You can do whatever you feel that you are free to do. If indeed you want to educate...look at it as looking up information on apostacy. If you are not comfortable doing this call in sick that day. It really is up to you what you do with it. Good Luck!!!

Leslie

• Zico
    Zico

I find it really funny that they'd give this talk to a secret apostate. I'm sure it will be a fascinating talk, along with the talk the week after 'How should we treat apostates?' (possibly not exact title)

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    any suggestions and ideas?

Yes....run....to the nearest exit.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

There may be some helpful information here: http://www.answers.com/topic/apostasy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit