Help! they're giving me a talk #4 entittled:" IDENTIFYING APOSTATES"

by dark angle 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Dude, this is your golden opportunity!

Tell them what an "apostate" really is...fill your talk with examples that almost, but not quite, identify the Watchtower Society as apostatizing from Bible teachings. Just enough to make the audience uncomfortable, but not so much that you get busted.

Exactly what I wanted to say!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Don't go softly at all. Go hardline!. Talk about the horrible apostates who have left one religion but aren't content to keep quiet and have to go around trying to convert people to their way of thinking. Point out how apostates constantly point out the mistakes the Society has made in the past, such as 1874, 1878, 1888, 1914, 1915, 1925, 1975, pyramidology, doctrinal flip-flops etc., but remind the audience that these were sincere mistakes and being sincere is enough (as long as you're already in the truth, this doesn't apply to false religion). Read 2 Tim 2:16-18, try to subtly point out that while apostates then were saying the resurrection [to heaven of the anointed] had already occurred, now it has really occurred and apostates are saying it hasn't! Advise the audience that if they go to Google and type in Jehovah's witnesses, they'll get thousands of pages of material from apostates so they should definitely avoid doing that. Remind them that just looking at apostate material can cause them to become apostate, even though its all lies and they've spent decades studying the truth.

If you're barefaced enough doing this, the elders will think you've done a bang-up job, but the intelligent people in the audience may start asking questions. Those who have already started asking questions may start investigating some of the leads you give them, and Googling Jehovah's witnesses.

• dark angle
    dark angle

zico, your almost 100% correct! the next theme on #4 is : What should be our attitude toward Apostates?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Introduction= J

Body= W

Conclusion= D

Warlock

• dark angle
    dark angle

junction guy, ninja, sir82, carla, lady liberty,finallyfree,kwintestal thanks guys for those suggestions. i will keenly consider those ideas you gave. as it is already midnight here, ill be out for sleep, but will be very eager to check this page early in the morning. gudnyt too all.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I would focus on Acts 20:30 because his audience is identified in Acts 20:17 as the older men. Most likely this was a gathering of overseers from all over Asia Minor. Paul refers to his ministry in Asia Minor (vs. 18). So when he says "from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things" he is referring to those who have the responsibility of teaching. It is wrong to focus on the "ordinary" members of the congregation who may be unsteady or weak or new or have doubts or questions. Apostates are usually found among the leaders. Their motive is the competition for loyalties among members. Apostacy is clearly a power struggle.

Apostates are not people who miss meetings, have low hours etc. They are influential members who are already looked to as leaders.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I agree with Narkissos - Unconfused has a good approach.

Take it to the level of absurdity.

Point out the need to report apostacy to the Elders. If you hear someone speculate about something report them because you wouldn't want to share in their apostacy.

If someone is reluctant to get their blood documents certified are they leaning toward apostacy.

Read off a bunch of URLs for web sites that we have been told not to go to.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Don't lie.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Wear a sign around your neck?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I say write two talks. One that you would LIKE to give... and one that you HAVE to give. Then bury the one you can't give. Don't get confused and take it with you to the meeting... that would be a major mistake.

Don't blow your 'cover'.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit