Help! they're giving me a talk #4 entittled:" IDENTIFYING APOSTATES"

by dark angle 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anewme
    anewme

I would take the info and make it into a defense for the majority who are dfd.

I would make it clear that few dfd ones are true apostates.

To qualify as an apostate would mean one would have to clearly and publicly declare war on God and Christ etc... (And that apostates are easily identified by their long shaggy coats of hair and long dirty claws and fangs.)
    And that most persons who are dfd from the Christian Congregation today have committed the folly of merely questioning the society's policies or slipped into your everyday human sins and errors. These have lost their way temporarily and could be regained with more Christian kindness and love. Again, repeating that very few that leave the org are bona fide evil Satan worshiping apostates. Re-state how important it is not confuse the two groups.

You might add examples of Jesus forgiving the sinners of his day, the adulteresses and whores, tax collectors, thieves and his disciples when they had doubts, even forgave those who killed him. But who did Jesus condemn? Who did Jesus not forgive? Jesus did not forgive the Scribes and Pharisees of his day. Those were the true apostates, apostalating all over the place! So too today we must steer clear of the modern day antitypical scribes and pharisees, and shun such ones, not even entering through their evil hairy iron gates!

(ahem)

CONCLUSION
    "So we can see from this informative info that identifying true apostates is very important today BUT IT IS EQUALLY IMPORTANT NOT TO CONFUSE OUR FORMER LOVING BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO HAVE LEFT THE ORG WITH BEING OF THIS GROUP. Instead, let us love these ones the more, as Christ loved us.

Thankyou

• anewme
    anewme

On second thought I like Funky Derek's idea!

Just give the outline but also add examples of what the apostates cry about!

Untrue prophesying on the part of the Society regarding dates and Armageggon

The misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the blood policy

The hiding of pedophiles within the organization

• Scully
    Scully

I think you could do it quite safely.

Use Webster's definition of apostate and contrast it with the WTS's definition of apostate.

Use the scripture in Matthew 7:15-20

Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep's covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those [men].

Also use the scripture to show that these people would already be in positions of authority within the congregation, and would abuse their authority or power to draw followers away from the scriptural teachings of Jesus Christ.

• Mary
    Mary

If you didn't care about getting the axe, I'd do what Funkyderek suggested. If, however, you don't want to get the boot right now, I'd still make a few subtle 'suggestions' that might get a few in the audience to think about.

I'd say that the Pharisees would have viewed Jesus as an "apostate", simply because he questioned their teachings, their methods and their self-imposed authority over the average Jew. I'd also stress how the Pharisees bound heavy loads upon the shoulders of the R&F and that they didn't like anyone questioning them. Jesus condemned them for both. You could then switch immediately to how today how some have questioned the Faithful and Discreet Slave and have been disfellowshipped for 'apostasy'. This is treading into potentially dangerous waters, but my god, there isn't anyone in the audience that could deny that this happens today.

I agree that you should read the dictionary's version of what constitutes "apostasy"----the act of leaving your religion. I'd then stress that true 'apostasy' is the turning away from God and Jesus, not just leaving a religion.

You can do it. Several years ago, one of the elders gave me the No. 3 talk on how our speech reflects our Christian life. Believe or not, I pulled it off......I'm pretty sure he gave me that talk as a frigging joke!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Bring a copy of Ray's books, a few of Russell's books, Rutherford's tracts, and the 'Finished Mystery' book and ask - "So brothers, tell us, what is apostate literature?" From there, any avenue is open.

• agapa37
    agapa37

You should tell the brother you feel uncomfortable giving this talk and tell him why. Maybe some of your unconventional views may be straightened out.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

If you have to start a thread on an ex-JW website about how to decorate a Christmas tree, you might be an apostate.

If your middle schooler still stumbles over the words to the Pledge of Allegiance, you might be an apostate.

If you burst into uncontrollable, derisive laughter when the Circuit Overseer piously says from the platform that "we know that we are the only religion in the world that shows true Christian love," you might be an apostate.

If you sleep through the district convention, you might be . . . oh wait, everybody does that.

(Sorry, I suddenly started channeling Jeff Foxworthy.)

Nina

• LexWatson
    LexWatson

Please record on video (or at least audio). We would like to hear it!

• dark angle
    dark angle

unconfused, thats also a great alternative way. superhardliner! would please also my family but might raise inquiry on others. ill be printing that outline.

• dark angle
    dark angle

balsam,avidbiblereader, willylowman, i appreciate the definitions and your ideas that has given more material for my talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit