OH, THE IRONY OF IT ALL.............Global Warming

by Warlock 84 Replies latest social current

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Kudra

Cool post

Warlock

Okay, the 100 whatever years is referring to what length of time we have temp record from climate stations. But using ice cores we can get temperatures from far further back.

If you were having a discussion about baseball, and I asked where the Quarterback was, you'd know I knew too little about baseball to really have an informed opinion. I wouldn't be stupid or a bad guy. I would just not know about baseball. I don't think you are stupid or a bad guy, I think you just don't know about global warming, coz of what you say. I didn't five years ago, not really.

The choice to do independent research is yours. You don't have to agree with Global Warming, but at least you'd be able to argue knowledgably and maybe even convince some people.

• Mary
    Mary
    Warlock said: A few HOT summers, a few WARM winters, a few LATE winters, for that matter, do not mean that global warming is man made.

Maybe not sweetie, but I believe the trend we've noticed here over the last 15 years shows something weird is going on. I'm no scientist, but I find it hard to believe that the hundreds of millions of tons of pollution that we've created in the atmosphere over the last hundred years, isn't having some sort of a negative impact on the earth. The smog and shit that hangs over Southern Ontario in the summertime is getting worse each frigging year.......I'm seriously contemplating moving out west.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Abaddon,

Like I said, hold on to your wallet. I also said I will look up more as time allows.

I also know what my IQ scores have been, so IF anyone were to say I was a dummy, well, they wouldn't know what they were talking about on that subject either.

Warlock

• under_believer
    under_believer

Warlock, you're a jackass. You're like the blind man who feels the tail of an elephant and loudly and authoritatively proclaims, "an elephant must be like a rope!"

I'm not going to cite you ANYTHING, like the other kind posters here have done. Because I know you won't read it. The last time you came and posted this kind of crap everyone linked you to studies by reputable climatologists, people with doctorates who have gone to school for a decade to learn how this stuff works, and you still came back on here and spewed this kind of garbage.

Why do you care if climate change is real or not? Why do you feel the need to debunk it? What is the psychological reason behind this kind of behavior? That's what I'd like to know. Are you worried about your pocketbook? Are you afraid, and denying the possibility because you can't face its stark reality? Please, do tell.

In any case, you can take this advice or leave it, but I'd recommend fixing your ignorance so that you can at least speak about this with a shred of credibility (hint: use Google). One of two things will happen: you'll figure out what all of this research proving man-made climate change is missing, what not one single peer-reviewed study in the history of climatology, NOT ONE, has ever managed to disprove, or you'll come to believe it yourself, and then you can help fix it. Either way you can't lose.

Or you can keep your head buried in the sand.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Wow, Under, I didn't ever think you were such a hateful name caller.

Sorry you feel that way about me......wow.

By the way, I bet you didn't read any of MY references, did you.

Love,

Warlock

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Exactly... Blame Canada!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Who knows? Is it the scientists that got it wrong or is it the big industrialists that don't want to pay money to reduce pollution? It could be either way scientists often get the wrong results (look at how many times coffee went from being bad to our health to being beneficial) and industrialists are greedy for money, in the end they would rather see a state tax on the public to clear pollution.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm not hateful, though I will cop to being a name-caller. It wasn't a dirty name, though.

In any case you have provided exactly one citation in your history of this discussion, at least I can find only one. It was an opinion piece by Tim Ball in the CFP. I am very familiar with Dr. Ball. He is infamous as a quack and a scientific "gun for hire" in meteorological circles. He quit his job as a professor of meteorology to work for the American National Center for Public Policy Research, which is a conservative front group which will support any initiative their financial backers want them to. In other words HE IS PAID TO HAVE THAT OPINION. Later he left to work at Friends of Science, which is an oil industry front group. Currently, he's heading up Natural Resources Stewardship Project, ANOTHER oil industry front group.

In any case, all of that, while it should give you pause in quoting him just because his opinion supports your preconceived notion, doesn't matter in the fact of this:

If Dr. Ball really wanted to get the scientific world's attention, he'd do research and submit a peer-reviewed study to a scientific journal for publication. That's how it works. But that's not what Ball does. He goes around writing opinion pieces denying climate change, pieces carefully crafted to provide easily digestible soundbites to media outlets.

In any case I don't hate you, Warlock, though I do think you and people like you are harmful, dangerous doofuses. I hate your opinion, though. Twenty years from now there will be zero question on this issue, and the only people still denying it will be looked at the same way flat-earthers or Geocentrists are today. But by then it's going to be too late for a lot of species, including, maybe, mankind.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Under,

This is my last word on this subject: YOU CANNOT SAY, WITH 100% CERTAINTY THAT MAN IS CAUSING GLOBAL WARMING, BECAUSE....... YOU DO NOT.......... YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO SAY THAT, AND IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE DANGEROUS. VERY, VERY DANGEROUS.

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT BEING BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING THIS THEORY? THAT IS A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH? YOU FELL FOR THE WTS LIE, DIDN'T YOU?

LAST THREAD. LAST COMMENT ON GLOBAL WARMING.

Warlock

• Kudra
    Kudra

Warlock...

They actually cannot say with *100% certainty* that smoking causes lung cancer...

Do you believe that?

There are many "medical researchers" that have "proven" that there is not a definite link between the two...

And they usually are funded by Phillip Morris...

Just like the "scientists" that are funded by oil interests to say that current warming is not anthropogenic.

-And how do we know we are not being brainwashed? Because we have examined each side of the issue- I personally have spent the last 2 1/2 years working on my doctorate on glacial retreat. That is why I make the comments I do, because I have actually looked into the issues and at both sides, as we are required to do here in skool. I have spoken with scientists many who conduct research on global warming and some day I hope to be counted as one of them myself...

I hope that I am anything but brainwashed. I have had to defend my research before many folks who had doubts about what I do, so I am not surrounded by groups of "yes men" or "company men" as we were in the WTS. People in the climate change arena like controversy and like to critique other folks research- that is why this consensus on current warming is so striking.

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit