OH, THE IRONY OF IT ALL.............Global Warming

by Warlock 84 Replies latest social current

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes, that phrase was a little disconcerting, eh?

Aside from the phrasing, I think that the request seems to be legitimate...

Your gov is Illuminati???

Yes- you need a meteorologist (aka weatherman) to let you know that you're gonna get rain rain rain! You DO live in OR... A beautiful place though- that rain sure keeps things green there (at least in the western part of the state).

And... Weather/meteorology = what you can expect tomorrow or this week

Climate = what you can expect in a few years to decades to centuries time

Paleoclimate = climate over the past 100s 1000s or millions of years.

Sorry! I am a nerd about this stuff...

-K

• onacruse
    onacruse

Kudra, our Guv is far from Illuminati...apologies for my sarcastic sense of humor.

Kate and I were in Tuscon recently, looking at a spot near Marana. I said I loved the climate...Kate and her kids all told me that I'd better come down there in the summer, when it's 120 degrees and 120 percent humidity. LOL

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ah, yes Kate told me she had family here (I was her secret santa did you like the "mouse"?)!

I always leave for the summer and hit the mountains! California Montana Wyoming and Canada!

It's pretty much unbearable to be in Tucson in July and June. Ashame, cause that's when all the students (myself included) and snowbirds leave...

But for the winter- ahhh, sooooo nice- walking to school today in the warm warm sun....

:) :) :)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Ah, yes Kate told me she had family here (I was her secret santa did you like the "mouse"?)!

LOL I was just telling him about it!

Kudra made the most creative ornament a very cute fluffy mouse which btw will be on our Christmas tree every year and she made it out of a tampon! LOL

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Kudra - thank you for clarifying that info, re: paleoclimatology. Oddly enough, I think it would be more interesting than meteorology (because of my interest in really old stuff (like fossils) and evolutionary biology. Anyway, thank you for the wonderful posts.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Tampon mice are soon to be extinct, thanks to global warming.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Kudra, so nice to have an authority on board!!! I appreciate your input as well!

Swalker

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Has anyone seen "The Day After Tomorrow"?

It, although fictional, is based on this very topic.

Basically, global warming causes the poles to melt, diluting the North Atlantic Ocean with fresh water, which affects sea currents so that warmer waters don't head north, causing rapid cooling.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh no they're not!

Because of their, uh, "habitat" they seem to be reproducing like rabbits!

;)

At least once a month I find a new nest of, like, 20 of them in my bathroom drawer!!!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Thanks, SWALKER and Madame QX

I'm hardly an authority, believe me, but I do have the wonderful opportunity to be surrounded by authorities on the matter and the fortune of good resources for researching this subject for myself.

But mainly because it gets me out to the mountains each summer ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit