One Minute After You Die?

by Outaservice 37 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Probably some very interesting hallucinations as your cortex begins to shut down.

Many near death experiencers report seeing a bright light at the end of what appears to be "tunnel". Visual neuroscientists ascribe this phenomena to the receptive surround fields within the visual maps of the visual cortex slowing shutting down due to oxygen deprivation, with only the "centre" of the field remaining as what would appear to be a "bright" light against a darkening background, creating the illusion of a dark tunnel.

It would really depend on the depth and speed of the oxygen deprivation to the cortex that would account for these final neuronally generated experiences.

• ninja
    ninja

my wife would get the insurance forms out...he he

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

About ten months ago I found myself unexpectedly stretched out on an operating room table at three in the morning after collapsing in a hospital emergency room. Naked, cold, and being stat prepped for cardiac surgery, I was told by the cardiologist that the various machines confirmed his guess that I was having a heart attack. (A "major myocardial infarct" in doctor-talk.)

For a brief, few moments it seemed to me that the surgical team was physically receding into the distance while somehow remaining the same size; a sort of optical illusion I'd never experienced before nor since. Other than that unusual visual perception, I believe that all of my (other) faculties were working normally. Certainly I had no problem feeling the invisible elephant that had decided to roost upon my chest.

I don't recalling experiencing much fear; mostly it was a sense of inconvenience (!) as in, "why now?" and "I still have things to do".

For background, I am an adult convert to Roman Catholicism from thirteen years ago and undoubtedly that has an effect on my, uh, expectations in this matter.

• mouthy
    mouthy

what do you believe happens to a person one minute after they die?

My Apatment would be filled with my grand-kids.... fighting over the computor, the car, & everything else in here except my Christian Books of which there are LOADS...they all know the "Studies in the Scriptures " are worth money they may even take them....

• mouthy
    mouthy

And they some times read this site So Ash, Terry, Tara, Luke, Richard. Am I telling the truth

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    And they some times read this site So Ash, Terry, Tara, Luke, Richard. Am I telling the truth

Just for additional effect then - LISTEN TO YOUR GRANNY!!!! And take the Christian books to read!!!!!!!!! Love from all her adopted grandkids here

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We have various types of people on this Board, some believers in God, others atheists, some agnostics, and others still JW's at heart.

In your opinion, what do you believe happens to a person one minute after they die? How about if they are good or bad?

Outaservice ( Inquiring Minds Want To Know)

Hello Outaservice: I really don't know. Part of what I see with my eyes tells me that when your dead that is it, its over.. Another part of what I see says there is something phenominal about life and we are on an incredible journey. I have no memory of having lived before. Some say they have memories. Some are more convincing than others. Some people are bullshipers. Just like the 144,00 going to heaven. I'm pretty sure they are deluded and full of themselves. But who knows.

At this point I have spent 54 years researching trying to answer your question. I have encountered various theories that people have written down trying to explain what is going on. The best I can come up with is that we are all God. God can be described as conciousness. This conciousness has fragmented divided itself. We are God or sons of God. We are part of the whole. When we started with our conciousness there was nothing to do. We were bored. We made a very comfortable place to live with many things that would keep us comfortable. Comfort gets boring after a while. It's like a routine. When we are tired of our paradise, we schedule a trip to the pleasure planet. We have several names for the pleasure planet, another is "The Forum of Many Truths" If we knew when we left paradise that we were going to materialize and be in paradise again, we would still be bored. If everybody was rich here and nothing went wrong why would we leave our paradise that we came from. If everybody was killing each other and there was nothing but famine pestilence and disease if earth was total hell, no one would want to leave paradise to come here. But there is a little of everything here on the pleasure plantet. When we leave paradise and coming to the pleasure planet earth, it's like entering a cosmic Disneyland we don't know what were going to get when we materialize. But we do know when we leave paradise we will be coming back from the pleasure planet within about a hundred years. Measured against our eternal lifes in paradise a hundred years may seem like a weeks vacation to us in our mortal state. When we leave paradise we know we are coming back soon, and we are going to have one hell of a trip. The pleasure planet is where spirits come to have human experiences. It may even be where spirits come to have material experiences. This theory or belief is where my pondering and research has lead me in this life. I find comfort in it. I am not particularly fearful of death, although I don't go out and play in traffic much anymore. I tray to stay out of the way of large moving objects and eat in a way that nurishes and maintains my fleshly organism.

Out of service, I guess I have said all of the above to say this in answer to your question. I believe, based on faith, when I die I will immediately return to paradise. My definition of faith is, "belief not bassed on proof."

On the question of good or bad, In my theory it doesnt matter, We came from paradise, we return to paradise. Our enviroment and our genetic make up we clothe ourselves with when we enter the pleasure planet makes us good or bad. How many of our basic needs are met make us good or bad. And good and bad is what makes it interesting here on the pleasure planet. In paradise we had a diet of all good, that drove us to take the trip to the pleasure planet.

• Synergy
    Synergy

I'll be in heaven with Jesus. :)

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

All I know is this is one experience we will all get to have some day, regardless of what we believe in or if we believe we will live forever in paradise on earth.

I don't know, but I also don't feel afraid of it, whatever it's gonna be. It's part of the human experience whether we like it or not.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I intend to be dead... simple, just dead. No thoughts, no regrets, no pain, no joy, no anything.

And I won't mind since I'll be dead. I don't fear death, the pain of dying is the only thing I'm worried about. And once that's over I don't have anything to worry about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit