One Minute After You Die?

by Outaservice 37 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Heard this on Prarie Home Companion: Albert Einstein dies, and goes to meet St. Peter at the pearly gates of heaven. St Peter says "I need to see some ID before I can let you in". Al asks for a chalkboard, which is produced, and the goes on to cover the board with equations describing various aspects of Relativity. After a while, St. Peter stops him and says "Go on in, now I know you are who you say you are". Pablo Picasso dies, and also goes to meet St. Peter at the pearly gates of heaven. St. Peter says "I'm going to need to see some ID before I can let you in". Pablo asks for a canvas, which is produced, then goes on to paint a very modern masterpiece in the Picasso style. After a while St. Peter stops him and says "Go on in, now I know you are who you say you are." George W. Bush dies, and goes to meet St. Peter at the pearly gates of heaven. St. Peter says "I'm going to need to see some ID before I can let you in". W says, "But I was the President of the United States, the most powerful nation on the planet. My face was known to hundreds of millions of people. Why do I have to show ID?" St. Peter says "We need ID from everyone. We needed ID from Einstein, and from Picasso, so we are going to need ID from you as well". W looks puzzled for a moment then asks "Who are Einstein and Picasso"? After a long moments silence, St. Peter says "Go on in, now I know you must be who you say you are."

• aarque
    aarque

I took a course on thanatology (study of death and dying). The professor once asked the class if they had ever witnessed a death, and that right after the final breath, a person could see the spirit leave. He described it as almost a holy moment. I was with my dad when he passed and tried to see this happen and couldn't. But my dad had been on life support for a week or so, and I think his spirit was already gone by the time we had to turn the machine off. However, my mother-in-law, as a young girl, witnessed the death of a family member and saw the spirit leave. She never forget it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Almost 2000 years before Jesus was talking about a heavenly afterlife the pagan Egyptians were erecting pyramids for their pharoahs and stocking them with supplies for the "afterlife". The Chinese were doing the same thing even before that.

The whole resurrection, spirit life concept was thought up by the pagans long before the Christians came along with their "ransom sacrifice" doctrine.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Cute joke Ggal I agree that you might have flashbacks or dreams while their is life still in the brain. Once that is gone...I think you are gone...period. JMO

Leslie

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I don't think I will think one minute after I die.....I expect it will be similar to one minute before I was conceived .(alot less rocking of course ,unless I die during sex )

• zagor
    zagor

You are going to be met by a fairy and have a ride one a unicorn .... or was that the other way around .....??!!!??

anther one just as good

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I was told that the body weighs 2 1/2 ounces less immeadiately after death.

Apparantly 2 1/2 ounces is the weight of the soul!

Anyone else heard that?

http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

By the way even if the human body loses some weight at death that would hardly prove the existence of an invisible, and immortal creature which inhabits all humans untill death. (And, given it's very nature I would assume it wouldn't weigh anything anyways...)

His 6 tests were made before 1915, since then there has been nothing to support that theory. The myth grew anyway.

Interestingly there was also another myth mentioned on that site about the body GAINING weight at death, also untrue. But if it were, religious people would probably say that it proves the soul has some sort of lifting effect on the body... but I digress. Just thought I'd share the link.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I was with my hubby and my Mom and Dad when they died. My Mom and Dad both died at the hospital..hubby at home. My Mom reached out like she saw someone holding out a hand right before she died , but that could have been from a heart attack or something. I could still feel her presence for quite a while after that even tho they pronounced her dead.

My Dad had a moniter attached to his body when they pronounced him dead. Quite a few minutes later they came back in the room to tell me he was gone. ( I was still sitting next to him).
    The reason I was still sitting next to him was I overheard someone say something about he was still registering brain waves.on the moniter...I commented on this to the Dr and he said it was a delayed brainwave. It still registers for a while after people die.Well that freaked me out..I didn't want to take a chance he may have still been alive! I wasn't going to let them do anything to him until I was sure.

Thing is they finally chased me out and tried to reassure me he Was dead!

Needless to say I always felt uneasy about that.

Hubby just died in bed while I was sleeping next to him. Funny when I looked at him I prayed he was dead. He really suffered. But I also felt like he had gone somewhere else and wasn't with me anymore..

Months later I had a dream that he was laying next to me and hugging me and said it was time for him to go..I said I know..and never had another dream about him again.
    But I did want to see him just one more time.. One more hug.

I also heard they always relieve themselves when they die..That's not true. At least not in my three experiences.

So anyway after my Dad died I have always had this fear that when our bodies die our brain keeps on going..Scares the fun out of me! Wouldn't that be awful?

Like a brain inside a jar..creepy!

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit