One Minute After You Die?

by Outaservice 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Jaguarbass, I really liked your post, it's somewhat similar to the conclusion I've arrived at. I believe that I am eternal, that I've lived before in another body, and will return again to live another experience. I do believe in God and I believe we are all part of that entity. I no longer fear death (as in fearing that this is the end of my being), of course not that I want to die, it's just that I still have many things I want to do before I leave this particular experience, mainly see my kids grow up.

Oh, and one minute after I die, my spirit will rise above my body and realize that my time in this experience is up, and I will return to Paradise and eventually come back again.

IC

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think we see the world for what we always knew it was and move on.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Taken from" Moksha- Aldous Huxley's Classic Writings on Psychedelics and the Visionary Experience"--Park Street Press 1999 paperback edition p. 257 -266 article by Laura Huxley:

" The Tibetan Book of the Dead gives the greatest importance to the state of consciousnes at the time of death. he guide always addresses the dying person with the salute " O Nobly Born!" and urges: "Let not thy mind be distracted." The guide keeps reminding the dying person not to become entangled in visions, heavenly or hellish, which are not real, but which are only illusionary projections of his thoughts and emotions, fears and desires. The dying are exhorted" to go on practicing the art of living even while they are dying. Knowing who in fact one is , being conscious of the universal and impersonal life that lives itself through each of us. That's the art of living , and that's what one can help the dying to go on practicing. To the very end." (quoted by Laura from her husband Aldous' book Island.

Laura goes on to note that her husband died on the same day as JFK and she states : " ... no imagination could be vivid enough to conceive two ways of dying as antipodal as these. .... I reported the actual events of that day.... These are the facts..... What happened is important because it is a conclusion , better, a continuation of his ( Aldous) own work.

She administered LSD to Aldous at his request and she recorded the last moments of his life. At 3:15 pm she asked "Do you hear me ? " and " He squeezed my hand; he was hearing me." She writes, "Now from two o'clock until he died , which was 5:20 pm, there was complete peace except for once. That must have been three- thirty or four, when I saw the beginning of struggle in his lower lip....as if it were going to struggle for air. .... The twitching of the lower lip lasted only a little bit , and it seemed to respond completely to what I was saying. Easy, easy, you are doing this willingly and consciously and beautifully- going forward and up, light and free, forward and up toward the light, into the light , into complete love. The twitching stopped, the breathing became slower and slower and there was absolutly not the slightest indication of contraction, of struggle. It was just that the breathing became slower-and slower -and slower ;the ceasing of life was not a drama at all, but like a piece of music just finishing so gently in a sempre piu' piano, dolcemente...and at five-twenty the breathing stopped."

• Asheron
    Asheron

You mean Im gonna die? no...no......nooo.....nnnooooooo

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who knows and I hope you know before I do!

Asheron

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I was taking care of my dieing uncle and happened to be at his bedside when he died. In the minute that he died and within the 60 seconds thereof an audible ' whoosh' left him. It was obviously his spirit leaving his body. I was amazed at the ' physicallness' of it all.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

One minute after death: Growing ever stronger, yet still imperceptible to all but the most powerful ear, a silent, unintelligible, and deafening roar of miniscule proportions begins to counter the ever-growing and still weakening cacaphony of unheard noises that never reach the tambor of a single ear drum.

Or possibly something else...

• Twitch
    Twitch

I agree with Kid A's opinion in that the brain will do some funky stuff at that time and that is normal for such a thing. I figure it might replay stuff, show me what I believe, steep me in terror or peace or something else, perhaps nothing.

I don't know but I'm dying to find out, a little every day.

Until then, I'm busy,.....lol

• Gill
    Gill

I was told that the body weighs 2 1/2 ounces less immeadiately after death.

Apparantly 2 1/2 ounces is the weight of the soul!

Anyone else heard that?

Myself, I too believe that on dying we are off on our next great adventure. Having seen dead people, I immeadiately knew they were an empty shell and that 'the person' had gone and been forced to move on. If not.....it doesn't really matter anyway, does it?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Paul put it very clearly at 1 Cor.15:42-49. He states that "just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust (Adam) we shall bear also the image of the heavenly one." I sincerely believe there is a wonderful journey awaiting each and every one of us. We could not have experienced this physical life and all that comes with it without being born into this world and all its constraints, all beyond our own control.

We also cannot experience spiritual life and all the wonderful things that come with it without dying and being released into that spiritual world. If we could remember our own birth, it would probably have been a traumatic time for us, being separated from our mother. Death too is also a traumatic time in our lives. But it leads us to a life that far surpasses anything we have experienced before. And the Bible promises us that we will see God face to face. Paul also said "to be abscent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 'Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, neither have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those that love him" (1 Cor.2:8)

We may feel the sting of death and fear the death of the body and the only world we have ever known, but I believe we will be pleasantly surprised in what God has reserved for us as his children. It will make up for all the misunderstandings and sufferings we have experienced in this life. In fact, it will far surpass our expectations.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never managed to quite figure out from the Bible whether there is life after death or not. Paul said that he earned the crown of life and would prefer to die to be with the Lord but he also wanted to be on earth to help the churches. It sounds like he believed in life after death. Then Revelation talks about the resurrection of the Saints that will take place when the divine kingdom fully asserts its power over the earth which has not yet happened. So who knows what goes on, no one ever came back to tell or did Lazarus say something we don't know about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit