JW Discussion Forum Poll

by zarco 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many either never really knew all the facts or if we were raised in the religion, got engulfed by it all.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I think we're still in the "Great Apostacy" and that the restoration of true Christianity hasn't yet occurred. It seems to me that every single religion has multiple skeltons in its closet (WTS included) and simply couldn't met with Jesus approval. Despite the problems that religion has, I do think God has used various religions for His purpose and JWs could be included in that. However, when Jesus returns (I still believe he will return at some point although that idea is becoming increasingly hard for me to believe) to judge his "house" or all organizations that claim to be followers of Christ, he'll separate the bad apples (in most cases leadership).

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i'm a 4

• zarco
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I'm at the point if there is/was "spiritual truth," God has done a lousy job communicating it and seeing it through so we could made good decisions.

I'm sorta a 4.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    For whatever it is worth I vote for #2 and feel that Jah has used and will use the WTBTS, but he must remove apostate leadership before that channel dispenses what is true and aligned with Jehovah’s thinking.

I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but having this position is totally absurd.

The Watchtower has either been selected by God or it has not. There cannot be middle ground.

Why can't there be middle groud? Think of all the problems that arise:

-Did God select the right people in 1918?
    -How did 'apostate' leadership even get into the organization? I thought God was directing it!!!
    -How do you know what is the 'correct' understanding in their publications and what is incorrect since the WTS has been infiltrated???

The questions are endless. Once you admit that there have been 'apostate' leaders who have gotten to the top of the organization you basically say in so many words that God is no longer directing them. Why would God let such men in?

IMO it seems like there are some doctrines that the WTS teaches that you like, and you don't want to give these up. You also seem quite driven on the fact that 'Jehovah has allways used an organization'. I think it would be in your best interest to reexamine these ideas that are the crux of your thinking. Reading 'In Search of Christian Freedom' wouldn't hurt either.

-Drew

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ never was and never has been Gods organization..The WBT$ through it`s insane rules and policies,has killed more Jehovah`s Witness`s than any other organization on earth...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

ZARCO, how can you think Jehovah's using the WBTS?????? Right from the beginning, they have been in error. Nothing has changed. To think they were used exclusively by God and then they deviated ignores the fact that they ALWAYS were in error and were truly false prophets. ...please respond.

• zarco
    zarco

Doubting Bro,

Thanks for your post. I also believe we are experiencing the Great Apostasy. At his second coming (or maybe at the celestial sign of the son of man) his inspection will likely surprise all of us. The arrogance of our religion cannot be pleasing to the God who humbles himself to interact with humans. Time will tell the story. In some ways I am nervous for people like you and me who are part of a flawed organization, but I try my best to adhere to His principles and I can tell from your posts that you do as well.

Respectfully,

zarco

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I'm still waiting for God to talk to us......

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit