Should I wait to be questioned by the elders? or take my leave in advance?

by Thinking of Leaving 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Whatever you need to do.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

well my only reason for leaving is not because I want to sin, I have serious doubts about the religion especially the blood issue and the matter of the 144,000. I'm sorry for calling it the "truth", I'm just so use to that term. You all know what it's like when you're just about to leavethese things are ingrained in you for a very very long time.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

so the elders came to my door on Saturday, after I didn't return their phone calls. Now they want me to meet with them AFTER the meeting on Wednesday night!!! Unbelievable!! Imagine I haven't gone to a meeting in months but they want me to meet with them after the meeting? where everyone can see me go into the B school to be questioned by them? are they trying to humilate me or something??? I cannot believe this.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

*SNORT* Wish I could say I'm surprised but I can't. Stupid gits! And they'll expect you to be GRATEFUL for them humiliating you, too, ya know!

• Honesty
    Honesty

After you get out, stick around and research on this board and you will soon discover that the JW's are so far removed from Jesus He will never know their organization.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

well I heard that if I don't meet with them, after a couple of attempts, they WILL DF me. So I can't wait

• SpaWn of MeDusa
    SpaWn of MeDusa

I feel sorry for you having to wait around & sweat it out... I wouldn't even waste the money on a phone call, let them come to your house ( whenever they do decide to turn up ) so you can have the satisfaction of telling them to FARK OFF & MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, then close the door on them & your old life !!

Of course you don't have to tell them to fark off but wouldn't it be great to be the one in control of the conversation when they do eventually turn up on your door step, say what you think & don't listen to any of their garbage ??

I guarantee, you'll feel a lot better ( & worry far less ) knowing in advance what you want to say... You'll probably feel like you're hearts going to beat out of your chest when you're saying it but afterwards you'll be able to give yourself a huge pat on the back knowing that you stood up for yourself !!

Cheers

• misocup
    misocup

Or just lie and deny everything. They have to have two eyewitnesses right? Preserve your relationships.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Since you don't want to lie, but you want to be free to engage in "worldly" behavior, why not just say that like you're doing here? — in a little letter, which you make a copy for yourself. But by all means think all the parts out very carefully, since you'll be the one living with the consequences. Like Dr.Phil says on his TV show: We choose our consequences.

• SpaWn of MeDusa
    SpaWn of MeDusa

Either you want to be a Dub or you don't, you can't be both...

Or maybe you can... Thats if you want to live a double life... The other Dubs won't know... Altho if there is indeed a Jehovah & if he is as all knowing as they say he is then it kinds of defeats the purpose... You've lied, God knows & you won't get to live in a paradise earth...

Or maybe you can forget your little rendevu with the world, fess up & spend the next few months sitting at the back of the hall, speaking to no one until they've decided you're repentant enough to rejoin the flock...

Or you can live your life, make new friends & have fun with your bloke...

Trying to explain yourself to them is freakin pointless - it's not going to change anything... As long as they think they have a chance to suck you back in they will hound you...

From someone who knows - a quick clean break is essential for your own well being & that is all that matters...

Do bother to explain things to your Ma, hopefully she's a little more human than mine !!

All the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit