Should I wait to be questioned by the elders? or take my leave in advance?

by Thinking of Leaving 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

No pearls before swine

• exjdub
    exjdub

Thinking,

I wouldn't even tell them you are unrepentant. Why use their language? Who are they to determine what your mindset is, or to judge what you have done? When the PO calls to set up the time for the judicial meeting, I would tell him not to bother and that you don't want to be considered a JW anymore. Why go out on their terms?

exjdub

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Did you ever play 'Hide & Seek'? Sometimes thats fun!

I don't think you gave enough details for any to tell you advise. How much of your family are JW's? Wife? I don't think I would tell them to DF me, nor confess any sin to them. Just ignore them at best.

Outaservice

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Only my mother is a JW and in the same congregation as me. Fortunately she's is out of the country for the next few months so won't be here to hear the announcement. She's heartbroken but she just joined the truth after knowing it since she was 17, she's now almost 60. She waited for my dad to die before accepting the truth as my dad was very opposed to her joining. So she took the easy way out, had a nice life in the world and now is a JW. Anyhow my mother will respect my decision, she always has and always will and I know no matter what she will treat me as her daughter. Nothing will change that.

Good point about not using their terms, but I feel it's what they would want to hear to convince themselves I should be DF. Honestly, the elders have been nice to me so far, haven't met the JC yet though, but I've been warned about the type of personal questions that could come up and I don't want to be humuliated. I know that in God's eyes, from reading the Bible on my own, I've sinned. I also know that I do not want to be identified as a witness anymore if I'm to live like a non witness.

I see many are filled with hate for the organization and to be honest I'm not there as yet. But I want to be free for a change, free to make my own decisions and think for myself.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

That's a very good point to keep in mind. Thanks

• Borgia
    Borgia

Thinking,

That is exactly where the problem lies. When it comes down to te nitty gritty, the JC elders are company men. It is not you they are concerned about the most...no, I should rephrase that: it is you they are most concerned about because yu have such an impact on the other sheep..... it's the companies interest.

Since you do not share that sentiment to the same extent as they do, brace for impact should you decide to meet with them.

They are there to decide whether or not they should allow you to stay, whatever the cause of that particular meeting may have been ...I would say: it's up to you, not them. You are not beholden to them as if you may go by their leave......

So, be a happy camper...if they call to announce the date of your personal BBQ, let them party alone....don´t answer the call because you do not have to answer to them......

There are some very very very nice experiences out here on the board that may serve you....But first things first.....1) don´t be bothered! welcome to the rest of your life!

Cheers

Borgia

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Hi Thinking,

I would rather not give them the power of letting them disfellowship you, since they will anyways, I would rather beat them to the punch, and tell them that you are leaving this brainwashing cult, and that you no longer want to have company with men who worship a man made organization. Tell them you will be sending in your letter of disassciation. Since they announce the same thing for people who are DF'd and DA'd, take your power back and leave on your terms.

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm waiting for the PO to contact me to find out when the JC is meeting with me, when he does I'll tell him to go ahead and DF me because I'm unrepentant and do not need 3 elders to tell me such.

OK, if you don't care if you get DF'd, I say you should have a bit of fun with this before they axe you: When the elders tell you they want to meet with you, tell them "okay" and let them arrange a time. Instead of showing up, phone the Kingdumb Hall when you know they've been sitting there waiting for at least 10 minutes and tell them you're stuck in traffic and will be there shortly. Call them back in another 1/2 an hour and tell them that it looks like traffic is worse than what you thought and you won't be able to make it and can you re-schedule. This will annoy the hell out of them as it means they've wasted a good 2 or 3 hours getting ready for this, and you're not there.

If they re-schedule for another night, make sure you mix it up and just don't show up. When they call you, tell them you had another night marked down.....or tell them you've got the runs and are afraid to leave the house.

Phone the elders once they've met for the third time and tell them that Jehovah came to you in a dream last night, and told you not to meet with them because they're from their father the Devil. Tell them you hope they wake up and realize that Satan has control of their minds and you won't be coming back until they repent of their evil ways.

That outta do it.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Phone the elders once they've met for the third time and tell them that Jehovah came to you in a dream last night, and told you not to meet with them because they're from their father the Devil.

See? This one knows how to do it!

I just put my annoying Book Study leader's? phone number on my "block" list (I don't remember the title in English) because he's been calling six-ten times a week to remind us of various things. Actually his is the only blocked number

They have no authority over you unless you permit it.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Mary cracks me up. I would go with her suggestions, too fun!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit