Living Alone - Love it or Loathe it?

by Crumpet 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Norm
    Norm

I enjoy living alone here in the forest but I wouldn't mind it one bit if you dropped in for a visit Crumpet.

Norm

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

When I was seperated from my bf, I liked it.........at first. But I also got lonely at night. Then got bored cause I wasnt out dating. In the long run, I prefer not to live alone!

• Rescripting_myself
    Rescripting_myself

I'm single and live alone. I suffer from loneliness and feel a deep need for a spouse. I plan to get married and to live with my spouse. I hope I will enjoy living with my spouse when I eventually marry.

The diversity of what different people prefer or find themselves liking in this matter goes to show how diverse we all are. It shows how preposterous it was for a few men at the borg's pinnacle to take it upon themselves to dictate our lives!

RM

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Norm can you tell me a bit more about your forest? It sounds rather tempting! (goodness no one can accuse me of age discrimination in my flirting - one minute its some half my age nearly and the next - twice my age!)

avidbiblereader - what is unpleasant about being vacatioining on their own. I LOVE going on holiday by myself - and the amongst the best parts of my holidays with other people are when I go off by myself for a day and explore. I feel anonymous when I am alone and can pretend I am anybody - usually someone that much more attractive and glam!

I get grouchy and claustrophobic if i have to spend more than a day and a night with people.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My wife's only complaint about living alone prior to marriage was she spent so much money on batteries.

Rub a Dub

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've lived alone for the last 3 years, and I love it. I can come and go as I please, eat what I want when I want, and sit at the dining room table naked if I want. I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

W

• Norm
    Norm

Well, Crumpet, it's a forest in the outskirts of Oslo. Only 20 minutes from downtown. I have pictures if you are interested.
    I think it is very considerate of you not to discriminate against age in you flirting. You do deserve a lot of credit for that.
    Anyway age isn't what it used to be. As Mae West used to say, When I am good I am good, when I'm bad I'm better.

Winketywink.

Norm

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Even if you are married and love your spouse very much it is good to have some alone time each day/week. Sometimes I have to be gone for a few days and likewise my wife and I look forward to them 'breaks' even though my wife and I love each other's company and conversation.

Outaservice

• outoftheorg?
    outoftheorg?

I was married (in the troof) to an 18 yr old girl and I was only 20. We had 4 children in 12 yrs and she was never happy and neither was I. But I did my duties and stuck it out. No Fun No Fun at all.

She abandoned us all and left me to care for 4 kids and work. Not fun, no fun at all.

I later married another jw. She 23 me 32 we had children and raised both batches of kids.

She could never have fun or enjoy herself, she hated MY kids and they hated her. Our kids were in the middle. No fun No fun at all.

Divorced in 1991. what a relief. Now had to pickup kids and deliver kids and fight her, always going to court, Until the judge told her she was to spend a year in jail and a $1000 fine. Unless she cleaned up her acts. That finally hit home. No fun no fun at all. But it was a relief.

Then I stumbled into this WORLDLY lady. TALK ABOUT FUN!!. Talk about sex!! I'd never had it so good.I didn't even know it could be this good!

She was REAL. Lots of fun and love and respect for each of us. Living with her is what every man wants.

She was filled with happyness, love, played tricks on me. Told me that she loved me and thenSHOWED ME that she truly loved me and my kids. We each loved each other beyond what I could ever expect.

This lasted 9 yrs and then, GOD DAMN IT, SHE DIED.

So now I am lonely again AND I, E F ING HATE IT !!!

Outoftheorg

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

oh outoftheorg - that is so sad. Am glad you had 9 yrs with this woman though - many people dont even get that!

(Norm as Mae West also used to say: Why doncha come up and see me some time ? God I miss those movies - ages since I saw any. Used to love Bob Hope too. Am a sucker for the old B&W movies - a more innocently represented time me thinketythinks!)

This is probably the right thread also for mentioning that whilst Greta Garbo was credited with saying "I vant to be alone" - this was in fact misquote - she actually said "I want to be left alone" - probably referring to the paparazzi of her day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit