Living Alone - Love it or Loathe it?

by Crumpet 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I live alone on a mountain,in the wilderness..I have wild animals roaming around my ranch..Don`t see many humans here,pets are my only company 98% of the time..My time and space are my own..Go fishing,pan gold,or watch a movie on satilite tv..I love it...OUTLAW

• poppers
    poppers

I've lived alone for 14 years and it's what I prefer. I don't use the phone much more than once a week, don't own a computer, have no Blackberry or cell phone - it's great.

• lowden
    lowden
    I live alone on a mountain,in the wilderness..I have wild animals roaming around my ranch..Don`t see many humans here,pets are my only company 98% of the time..My time and space are my own..Go fishing,pan gold,or watch a movie on satilite tv..I love it...

Wow...a real Bona Fide Mountain Man!!! Lol

Sounds like paradise to me.

Lowden

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm married, but very much missing my single life. You need to cherish it and keep living alone as long as you can.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Living alone? Now THAT would be paradise. No offense to the wife.

Warlock

• RAF
    RAF

I enjoy being along too much … BUT I’m really beginning to working on surrounding myself for lots of reasons and ways,

The most important is that I need to keep more contacts with people (since I'm distrated, I tend to forget about just doing that :keeping contact - it's awfull - I've lost a lot of friends like that - it's dissapointing for them, they just can't understand that it is not related to the fact that I don't care about them - most of the time I feel like it's too late to get in contact again - and I think that I might again forget about them - how awfull to get there twice - but a few do understand that and it's cool maybe because somehow they are alike).

Also because working at home most of the time keeps you away from lots of social interest and interaction for the present and the future. I didn’t want to take this into consideration because of my nature … but it just became not healthy at the end. I even consider now to take a conventional job even it takes away the kind of freedom that I enjoy in my present job (but this decision is also related to the need to have a more important steady wage).

If most of my old relatives/friends were not married with kids and all and that we still could enjoy to meet as often as before … I guess I wouldn’t have really think about surrounding myself more in different ways. So it’s more about the need of steady diversity now.

I have my sister (her house is very tiny = 1 room for 3) which stays in my house very often (but we can't stay together in the same more than a few hours - it's like at some point I can't breath) So this month I reserved her a room here and it's like she's a roomate, so she have the choice go to her home or comming here - Sometimes she just say hello and go in the room. I've also have a friend who stays here too (because he didn't find anywhere to stay at the bigining to be able to work in Paris) and it's like he is not ready to really look for any appartement (the excuse is I'm not sure I'm going to keep this job and want to stay in Paris) I don't care since he is not here very often and understood that the only way to not bother me was to just say hello and get in his reserved room ... and from time to time have a little conversation when we both feel like it ... (and he likes my sister very much LOL) ... it's just cool that way I don't feel overwelmed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hated it but now with 6 people in the house I kinda miss it...sometimes

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I live alone...I love it...I would rather live alone. It is the optimal living situation for my personality.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lowden:

I can relate to your comment about how some people turn over and look at their partner and think that they are trapped and what a mistake it was. This has always scared me. This is probably less of a problem with very young people because they are more tolerant and they grow together. But, when you are an older person it is different. There are things you just can't and won't tolerate and the sex you get isn't worth it.

LHG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm happy with my own company, but being a gregarious so-n-so I also like either visiting friends or being visited.

When I separated I went straight into living alone. The first thing I would do when I got home from work is put the TV on for some background chatter, while I made my dinner. Often I would go out for the evening, or post here for an hour or two. A year later I started taking distant learning courses, so my evenings were suitably filled.

Sadly I also became a bit of a workaholic, in the process, as I didn't have anyone to go home to. I hope to remedy that in the near future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit