Living Alone - Love it or Loathe it?

by Crumpet 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• peggy
    peggy

I LOVE living alone! I married at age 18, which meant moving from my fathers home to my husbands home. After 28 years of marriage, my husband moved out but I still had two children living with me. My daughter moved out last year and my son moved out last month! PEACE!!!! I enjoy having friends over for dinner or going out to dinner. I am not a hermit. I am social when I want to be social. Last night I had dinner at my daughters house.......the ride home, knowing I would find the peace of my shelter after a nice evening was wonderful!

Peg

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on each individuals temperament some people like living alone but most I dare say find it depressing and stressful. I personally don't like it, it's better to be with other people that one finds likeable. People that don't smoke that are not untidy, moaners, depressed, too talkative, temperamental.

• free2think
    free2think

I moved out from living with my parents into my own place a little while ago, and I LOVE IT! I have a nice little one bedroom flat all to myself, which is quite a luxury for someone my age where I live, my friends are very envious.

Now I have my own place I can't imagine having to share with someone else, it would be sooooo hard I think. It's also made my fading much easier.

free2think

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Peggy - that is a lovely feeling isn't it - having your own little sanctuary! I'm glad so many other people enjoy their own company too - I am treated by almost everyone I know as being very odd for preferring my own company to theirs and get sick of having to defend it. I wish they could explain why I would want their company so badly if they can;t bear it themselves for an evening ?! LOL!

Greendawn you said

People that don't smoke that are not untidy, moaners, depressed, too talkative, temperamental.

thats the problem - finding someone who will fit all our individual criteria for living companion. Or perhaps we are some of those things and dont want to inflict ourselves on people who can't tolerate our foibles!

• undercover
    undercover

Well Crumpet, if you ever feel just a little bit lonely, just let me know...

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I am not a hermit. I am social when I want to be social."

Same here. I think I have the best of both worlds. My daughter alternates weeks between her dad and I. I love living alone (50% of the time), because I can fart and scratch to my heart's content. ;-) (Just kidding - I never do either of those things nor do I pick my nose.)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I lived alone for twice for about 18 months total, after my ex left, I loved it but still had my 16 year old daughter and but loved not having the ______ around. Now I am married again and love being married, we have one 19 year old to leave and we can't wait unitl this summer when he leaves but I always get my alone time every morning as my wife sleeps in about 2 hours longer than me and I get my time but rather spend my time with her.

I dont know if I would like being alone and especially the older I get, I have seen people vacation by themselves and it is not pleasant looking.

abr

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I am currently living alone, sometimes I wish that I have a hot flight attendant lady lives with me from time to time. :) I am not that really good cook, so if she loves to cook, that would be a huge plus.

• Xena
    Xena
    "I am not a hermit. I am social when I want to be social."

Same here. I think I have the best of both worlds. My daughter alternates weeks between her dad and I. I love living alone (50% of the time), because I can fart and scratch to my heart's content. ;-) (Just kidding - I never do either of those things nor do I pick my nose.)

Ditto for me. I went straight from living with my parents to being married so when I got divorced I was, to be perfectly honest, scared. I wasn't sure how I would manage on my own. It's been a wonderful experience. I tend to be a solitary creature, some of my friends say I remind them of one of those haughty persian cats, love me when I want to be loved and leave me alone when I want to be left alone. I have to say though that when the right person comes along you remember how nice it feels to have someone there with you.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I absolutley loved living by myself. I love having kids and all that, but I had a great time on my own. My husband is extremely clingy/needy and that gets really old after a while, especially if you are used to doing your own thing. Plus. I like things a certain way, which is always opposite of the way my husband likes them, so it definitely makes for alot of head butting that being on your own avoids. I am so glad I had time on my own before I got married. I think everyone needs that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit