Post what you think is the most violent/cruel bible passage please

by jambon1 76 Replies latest members adult

• outnfree
    outnfree

LT - The all-night torture of the concubine was an unanticipated (and likely unwilling) sacrifice of her by others who took away her power over her own destiny, not to mention body! The torture of Jesus of Nazareth was an anticipated and willing sacrifice of his body by Divine design and (Jesus being both fully human and fully God according to Scripture) in no way took away Jesus' power over His own destiny, but rather empowered Him to fulfill it. Jesus knew his script. The concubine did not. Therein, lies the difference in the cruelty factor, in my opinion. Xena -- You still have your JW dresses !!!!!!! out

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As I said at the outset, I offered my suggestion to the thread from the materialist perspective. While being gang-raped and being left to crawl back to the house is clearly barbaric (though I do wonder if she would have died if she hadn't been left on the doorstep all night); so are the privations of an extreme crucifixion. As for which is worse, it apparently depends on whether or not you expected it, rather than whether or not you're innocent (I wonder if inmates on Death Row would agree)?

I thought this thread was about a "passage" of scripture, rather than a theological interpretation of its context. My bad...

• onacruse
    onacruse

LT:

I thought this thread was about a "passage" of scripture, rather than a theological interpretation of its context. My bad...

No, your bad will be when you start wearing Xena's dresses.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I thought I might look kinda fetching

• Xena
    Xena
    As I said at the outset, I offered my suggestion to the thread from the materialist perspective.

I mulled that a bit and since you keep harping on it I have to say I still find the rape murder to be the more cruel of the two. IMO rape isn't just a violation of the body but of the spirit. With crucifixion while yes you are being tortured, humiliated and ultimately killed you are, again imo, still able to keep a sense of yourself. Rape being a more intimate violation of self can take that away from you. Hence I would rather face the crucifixion than the gang rape and subsequent murder. Might just be a woman's perspective though.

I wish he would have told me the dresses were for him...I had a mid-length, high necked floral in just the shade of green to match his eyes.

• Xena
    Xena
    You MUST visit!

I concur!

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I had a mid-length, high necked floral in just the shade of green to match his eyes.

To be worn commando?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Were either of them murder in the first degree? I believe that the concubine was a case of manslaughter, as when they left her she was still alive and crawled off. Jesus was framed, and a miscarriage of justice was performed using a legal instrument of execution.

I suspect we can all agree that they were both horrendously violent/cruel bible passages, period, though.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    2 Kings 8:12 "Why is my lord weeping?" asked Hazael.
    "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites," he answered. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women."

There are many.....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The Middle-Eastern nations certainly were certainly a cruel bunch!

This seems to have culminated in the Assyrians. I heard someplace that they would strap the dead corses of their soldiers to the backs of the captors and make them march for days. The rotting juices of their dead would eventually cause a slow death in them, resulting in the saying that even the Assyrian dead would kill!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit