He's throwing the books out :-)

by NanaR 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Congradulations. It sounds like a step in the right dirrection.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Send them to a paper recycling plant, that way they'll come in useful after all!

Ian- Eco friendly!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

He is the head of the household so dont stop him.

abr

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That sounds promising Nana, I wouldn't stop him either. In fact, I'd offer to help.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I think you are doing the best thing by just letting him do it and staying quiet about it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just finished throwing out all the JW literature around here. Not wanting the garbage men to injure their backs, I would only throw out 2 bins full of books each time, so it took a few months. I'm down to my last reference bible, and then that's the end of it. On the other hand, if I look hard enough I might still find an old watchtower or tract in a crevice somewhere. You know how that watchtower shit is - it gets into everything - kinda like cockroaches.

I was originally thinking of selling some of it, but I thought it could be dangerous if it fell into the hands of some poor, unwary slob, such as I once was.

W

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I'm with you, Finally Free. Those things are dangerous! Don't we all remember those experiences about some poor sucker finding a tract or something and coming into the troof from it?? I find a shredder to be timeconsuming, but also cathartic when I'm having a down day :->

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yep, you don't want to stop someone doing something so, so right....

• Gregor
    Gregor

Has he mentioned what he's going to do with the filled garbage bags?

He might have decided to store them in garage, etc.

• Paisley
    Paisley
    Hey all, Hubby is right this minute bagging up all the WT and Awake bound volumes that have been languishing in the back room and putting them in garbage bags. This is the same hubby who swears he is "going back" to the KH "some day". Not sure what this means, but I'm not going to stop him... Ruth

How wonderful, Ruth! Can't wait to hear what, if anything, he has to say about his reasons for it. Staying tuned here....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit