My Bethel Experience Part 9

by new boy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

please keep the stories coming. I would so love for my family to read these,...maybe someday..

lisa

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I just love these!! Keep 'em coming!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Very enjoyable read once again. The 70's sounded like a crazy time to be in Bethel, I wonder if it's still like that. God I went to College and spent most of my time in the computer lab and the library studying, it sounds like if I wanted to get the real college expirience I should've went to Bethel.

• mann377
    mann377

I very much enjoy your experiences. I was at Bethel for 4 years (72-76) and served at Brooklyn and the Farm as a press operator. One of the funniest situations was a brother wearing a jumpsuit. This jump suit was old and threadbare. He got to close to the press and one of the ink rollers grabed the jumpsuit and pulled it off. He was lucky that he was not injured but unlucky in that he had no underwear. So there he is standing butt naked when a tour group came around the corner. Good thing we had a lot of paper that he grabed to cover with.

I remember the time Colon Lake, who was a big shot in the factory (number 4 in dispatch) ran off with a Gilead sister and left his wife. This sent shock waves through Bethel.

There was a time when the Farm was under construction and a friend of mine cut his finger. So the infirmary gave him a "finger sleeve" to protect his cut. He would dispose of the sleeve as it got dirty. His house keeper saw the sleeves and thought they were condoms. She gave the evidence to the Bethel office which called him in. When he got to the office the home overseer had his trash can on the desk with the sleeves in them and asked him "what is this?". He replied "a trash can?".

We had one rape when I was at the Farm. The sister could only remember that the "brother" was wearing red plaid shirt. Sooo the Farm overseer had all the brothers go outside after breakfest and stand in the parking lot. While we were out in the parking lot every room was inspected for this type of shirt. To this day I will NOT buy any red plaid shirt!

There were numerous "affairs" where brothers and "married sisters" would get in trouble. The reason for this in my opinion was due to two factors. One, the brother was in an enviornment that had little if no social interaction with single sisters and these brothers are young with the hormones in overdrive. Two, the sisters were usually from some small rural area and got married to a local brother. She now finds herself in amongst all these brothers in a world she never thought existed. So this was probably why I found a sister imbracing a brother in the house keepers closet (on about a dozen occasions).

I'll never forget the time I was lying on the bed in my room watching TV, about 11PM. When a Gilead sister came in and a took her bathrobe off and said "i'm ready now sweet heart". She had some sort of neglige on. The only light in the room was from the TV. I sat up in the bed and said "I think you have the wrong room". She screemed and grabed her bathrobe and ran down the hallway. I though to myself "how in the hell am I going to explain this to the Bethel office if the incident is seen". Nothing happened. The sister did not recognize me at breakfest the next morning but I sure noticed her! I found myself staring at her (after all I had seem) ha ha. (For those not familar with Bethel they turn the hall lights off at 10 and there is only small night lights on the floor and it is hard to see the room numbers)

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

New Boy,

Great stories, keep them coming, I find myself logging on and looking to see if you posted your lastest chapter. I didn't go, so I enjoy reading about what I missed out on...LOL.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

OC

• greendawn
    greendawn

A very legalistic environment without any true love it is typical of the whole org from top to bottom. They focus on the law rather than developing a loving environment.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Did any of you Bethelites run into a David Hutchinson from Marshalltown, Iowa? Tall and thin.

Fats

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I love those stories of affairs and sex. Incredible, the way I used to think that this couldn't happen at Bethel.

tsof

• zack
    zack

Love the stories. Aren't you glad you got a close up look at the "glorious ones?"

Did Knorr ever give you the whole "Don't shake your wanker" speech as a new boy? Or was Larson the FO by that time?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Old Bethel Joke.......

Phone rings in 5th floor bindrey.................new boy picks it up and says "This is Jack's mule barn......which Jack ASS do you want?".............on the other end "DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS?" new boy "NO"...................other end "WELL ..THIS IS MAX LARSON FACTORY OVERSEER!"...... new boy..........................."Do you know this is?".........Max Larson says "NO" new boy says "GOOD" and hangs up...............True Story.

i heard this (or a version of this) on a bethel tour about 10 year ago

still funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit