My Bethel Experience Part 9

by new boy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

new boy, thanks for your series. It is easier to see why ex-Bethelites tend to go out of the organization more often than those hwo don't. I saw many come home disillusioned and bleak.

Blondie

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I've read all of your chapters up until now too and will keep reading! Thank you!!!

• new boy
    new boy

I was requested to dig these out of the bone yard.

• chickpea
    chickpea

thank you for 1) the initial efforts to post these eye-opening and edifying narratives of life as a bethel slave 2) your continuing effort to share the info, as a n00b such as myself would never have known to look for these threads

muchas gracias

• magoo
    magoo

...wheres part 10

magoo

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

that thief... I guess I would have made much of a Bethel lite..cause-. A bar of soap in a sock will teach a thief to keep his hands to himself in a closed enviroment. I was often asked why I didnt go,,, back in the day I could have made the short-list to get into Bethel. Why didnt I go?

I already had a good start on learning a trade at 19. I would have gone if they would have used me at that trade. I guess my humility was not right... i could not see a nearly Journeyman level tradesman bussing tables or folding sheets for 4 years building a lot of spiritual skills.

Most of the ex bethelits I know flammed out. the experience wasnt positive for any of the ones I know

great stories, New Boy

~Hill

• inkling
    inkling
    I't is Curtis Johnson (newly appointed) home servant to the Towers. This Guy looks and talks just like the Nazis in "Raiders of the lost Ark" the one with thick glasses and smiling all the time.

I happen to know this person. He is far from a Nazi. You are living in thier room. You are part of thier "family". You CHOSE to enter into that situation. They have the right to tell you what to hang on the wall.

We said "come on in" he said "NO...........brothers, I'm here to talk about the your room decorations"......."OK what about them?"......."We don't like them"...."Who is we"............"Well the bethel office"..........."really?"..............."REALLY" he said........."Like, look at that Bull fighting poster on the wall, of yours...............a tour might think we like killing animals."....."

Hm, well I would say he has a point. Bull fighting is a cruel and barbarous "sport" that any even vaguely enlightened human should be deeply embarrassed by showing a fondness for.

[inkling]]

• new boy
    new boy

Dear Inkling

I'm sure Curtis Johnson is a lovely person now....But he was a self rightious jerk in 1972.

If you read all my Bethel post...you would have read that I too was a rightious Nazis JW at one time...the lovely about life...we all the ability to change.

Are married to Curtis or something?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit