Anna Nicole Smith dies at 39

by Gregor 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Not to sound insensitive but I'm not really shocked at this, she'd been living off lighter fluid and heroine for the past few years, it was just a matter of time.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

its too bad..and seems to bring out a lot of misogynists as well..hmmm......anyway.theres nothing wrong w/having large breasts and being blond..she was a creature of the media,as are so many..personaly,i liked her...wonder what her drug of choice was..anyone know? [for sure?].im guessing heroine ,ala cobaine,or vicodin,ala,like everyone else...too bad for all of you woman haters that she lost all of that weight before she died,or you could have had another slam for your pathetic lists....

• rowan
    rowan

When I heard of her death, the first thing I thought was that she OD'ed. and statistically, that is a strong possibility. but, is there a coroner's report confirming that?

and however she died, I find it sad. just as I feel sad when I learn that somebody, famous or not, wasted their lives away and and died a "wasted death", or however you would put it, english is not my strenght.

respectfully,

Rowan

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

OK,...let me straighten this out before everyone thinks I hate big boobs (actually I love em'), or that I hated Anna Nicole Smith, or that I hated her because she was smart enough to use her femininity (attractiveness, sexuality, etc...) to marry the old rich guy, or that I think she was anything but a georgeous talented woman (I don't know if she was really very talented, but I do know she had her own reality show which doesn't require talent). For the record, it saddens me that she, or anyone else loses their life, regardless of the problems life presents to them. A point well taken is (and this ISN'T an ANS hater statement as some of you may jump to conclude) she is no different than the woman that died by, or in the pool, she just had a high profile life and we all followed it because we like to see what the lives of others are all about. I don't hate ANS, I just think she was VERY self destructive. Look, if you run your vehicle out of motor oil and don't do anything about it, the engine will eventually blow up, that's exactly what happened here. She ran her life on drugs, drinking, and whatever else you can think of until her life blew up, that's it, no further explanation needed. I apologize if I've offended anyone, please don't take it as personal attack, I've just got my own opinion on the matter. We've got service men and women over in Iraq that are dying daily in the name of freedom, but we don't make a big to-do about it like we've done with ANS, what gives? Not that I'm all for fighting in Iraq, but it's just food for thought. I've come to love everyone on this board, and I respect everyone's viewpoint, so I don't intend to offend, I've just got my own ideas on her life, perhaps I shouldn't share them if it offends others.

BP

• serendipity
    serendipity

ANS was another damaged human being (like all of us). She made some bad choices and had to live with the consequences. It doesn't seem she was really happy. I tried to figure out why I cared (a little) about her death, and ran across this link that helped to explain it. She overcame obstacles and wanted a better life. Isn't that the American way?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/anna_nicole_why_we_cared

For celebrity editor Janice Min of US Weekly, it's the element of perseverance that stands out in Smith's tale, which she sees as "almost this perverse Hollywood Horatio Alger story."

"She fought against so many obstacles — poverty. Teen pregnancy. A bad home life." And of course, ridicule. "But she persisted, where others would have shrunk away out of humiliation and shame."

• rebel8
    rebel8
    if you run your vehicle out of motor oil and don't do anything about it, the engine will eventually blow up, that's exactly what happened here. She ran her life on drugs, drinking, and whatever else you can think of until her life blew up, that's it, no further explanation needed. I apologize if I've offended anyone, please don't take it as personal attack, I've just got my own opinion on the matter. We've got service men and women over in Iraq that are dying daily in the name of freedom, but we don't make a big to-do about it like we've done with ANS, what gives? Not that I'm all for fighting in Iraq, but it's just food for thought.

Exactly!!!1!

Something is terribly wrong when Fox News spends 2 hours in prime time talking about that woman and 10 seconds talking about the brave people in Iraq. All death is senseless but....

Anna dies after decades of voluntarily abusing drugs & alcohol > countless soldiers & Iraqis dying in a senseless war??? Sick.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Anna dies after decades of voluntarily abusing drugs & alcohol > countless soldiers & Iraqis dying in a senseless war??? Sick.

It's all about celebrity and what brings in the ratings. Nobody knows about the poor young man who dies in war. Heck, he's lucky if his name is at the end of a newscast in the form of a crawler. Maybe the local newspaper will print an article about how brave he was. But Anna dies, and it's a headliner.

I do feel bad for her new born baby. Hopefully the courts will pair the baby up with her real father soon and she can have something that resembles a life.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

WTF, now Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband is claiming to be the baby's father????

• rowan
    rowan

This reminds me of '97 when Mother Theresa died a few weeks after Princess Diana. It was shocking what little publicity she got in contrast to the princess's death.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, Duh! I don't think Mother Teresa had beautiful breasts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit