another Elder's Meeting memory...

by sibboleth 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sibboleth
    sibboleth

Another story that I'd like to share. I am typing as I think about it, so I apologize if this is not fluent or smoothe...

Rewind to the late 90's. Lots of letters from HQ regarding child abuse cases. Seems like every Thurs night after the meeting we had a new letter - of course none of us thought anything about it - certainly had no clue that this was a huge problem and would only escalate - especially after the Dateline story…

If you read my earlier post regarding "King PO" - the setting is now at another congregation - I had moved there to "help" - ha ha… me and all my experience at age 32… interestingly enough, this was "King PO's" former congregation - he had trained most of the body there - so they emulated his black/white approach to things… meddling in private affairs, ready to judge and correct the flock… and quick to have a different set of standards for the elders and the elite spiritual clique...

One night in the back room, we were all there, minus the PO (not King PO, but his self-righteous cousin - "SUPERFINE PO") and the secretary (a dorkie fellow who had come into the org later in life - after he had his engineering degree and made a good living working for a large corporation… had a huge house and always talked about his wine collection)

As we chatted, we wondered where SUPERFINE and Dorkie were. Finally they came in with somber looks and SUPERFINE seemed whiter than usual…

Dorkie: "brothers, Br. Superfine would like share some information with you that is related to the recent information the society has given us regarding previous cases of child abuse…"

Superfine: "hmmmm… well, you know that the society recently noted that any elder that had ever been previously guilty of hmmmm… child abuse would need to let the body know and also report this situation to headquarters… hmmmm… well I was reproved back in 1973 for mutual masterbation with my 12yr old daughter…"

Total silence. My head started spinning. Tunnel vision. Unbelievable!

It seems dear Br. Superfine had been doing some pretty bad things with his daughter. He confessed this to KING PO - who was the PO at the time. Br. Superfine was only a MS then, he was counseled, reproved (privately) and that was it. But King PO liked him, he was a good yes man… I seriously doubt if anyone spoke with his daughter to see if she was ok. Obviously no one spoke to the authorities.

Now, 25 years or so later - it comes out. Br. Superfine is a reg pioneer, Presiding Overseer and he and his wife are the uber righteous couple who are so far above everyone else spiritually… (or so they think)…

<< sidebar: Sister Superfine just last year announced she was annointed… she is Br. Superfine's 2nd wife (first one died due to kidney probs - no blood transfusions allowed…) Sister Superfine was baptized in her late 30's, been in the org for about 10 years and now one of the annointed!!!! >>

So, we all looked at each other in disbelief - finally another elder said that it was ok - it was obvious that Jehovah's blessing was still upon Br. Superfine. However, we should alert the Circuit Overseer and ask his advice.

Next CO visit - about 4 months later… CO said yes, it is obvious that Br. Superfine no longer has this problem, and that Jehovah has blessed him. So it would not serve the congregation to remove him as elder. However, since he is a pioneer - maybe he should be the service overseer and Br. Dorkie will now be the PO.

We all agreed and swept it under the table and not another word was said.

Note: two of us had young daughters - and we made the comment that under no circumstances would we allow our daughters to go out in service or be alone with Br. Superfine. However, we did not say anything to the other parents! I am so sorry.

Many of you know more about this than I do - if a grown man in his 30's mutually masterbated with his 12yr old daughter - do you think this is a problem/tendancy that would just "go away"???????

I keep thinking that this man goes door to door, gives experiences at the assemblies, spends time with the youth… and he is a confessed child molester. And I've mentioned this to my father and brother in the past and they just say - let Jehovah handle things if there is a problem…

Unbelievable…. should I let sleeping dogs lie? How do we know Br. Superfine is not doing things still ? Scary stuff....

More stories as the come to me... this is good medicine to get this off my chest...

-Sibb

• xjwms
    xjwms

WOW

If a book was ever printed, ... omg ... too bad those "IN" cannot see

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I keep thinking that this man goes door to door, gives experiences at the assemblies, spends time with the youth… and he is a confessed child molester. And I've mentioned this to my father and brother in the past and they just say - let Jehovah handle things if there is a problem…

Theirin lies the biggest problem - leaving it to jehovah doesn't work, and meanwhile, this brother is free to re offend if he wants to. He should certainly have been removed as an elder, and not allowed in the ministry with any young children.

I don't believe that a tendency like that simply "goes away". How can the co say that this brother no longer has this problem? He might just be better at hiding it now, after years of practice. I feel that any parents of young children, particularly daughters, have a right to know what this man has done, but of course, that isn't the wts way. They value the reputation of the org and the congregation far more than they value the welfare of children.

• juni
    juni

Sibboleth said:

It seems dear Br. Superfine had been doing some pretty bad things with his daughter. He confessed this to KING PO - who was the PO at the time. Br. Superfine was only a MS then, he was counseled, reproved (privately) and that was it. But King PO liked him, he was a good yes man… I seriously doubt if anyone spoke with his daughter to see if she was ok. Obviously no one spoke to the authorities

How sad! Really it was swept under the rug. I wonder how his daughter is today?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think people can change

and he did own up to it which he didnt have to and was prepared to take whatever discipline the elders deemed fit...i think thats different to someone lying about it even when there are numerous victims..

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    well I was reproved back in 1973 for mutual masterbation with my 12yr old daughter…"

What the F? The term "mutual masturbation" denotes a sex act performed between two consenting adults. I've never heard that term used to describe child molestation, because that's what we're talking about here. No logical person would assume a 12 year old girl could consent to "mutual maturbation." What a sick group of goat-f's! Wow dude, you have a heavy load to carry there. I understand the psychology behind JW mind control, but covering up for a child molester is a special little crime in itself.

I pray for God to forgive you and your cohorts, may he have mercy upon your souls.

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

This sick mother f'er MASTURBATED in front of his 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A CHILD! HIS CHILD!!!!!! This is something that he DOESN'T get over, or cure himself of. If anyone feels that he somehow is healed of this behavior, do you have children? If you do, would you let this waste of oxygen accompany your child ANYWHERE?

The fact that he hasn't been brought to justice sickens me just as bad.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What a fine, fine example of justice in Jah's "Clean Organization." Just wait for a bit then you're protected under the secret statute of limitations for MSs and elders.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I hate to be harsh but you should be ashamed of yourself, how terrible. I am not saying that I myself haven't done bad things or that I haven't made mistakes but my initial reaction is nausea and I am saddened so deeply. We are humans first, it's so sad that we all followed such direction like mindless drones(I am guilty of being a drone for 30 years, I would turn in my own family, friends etc, all for their own good I am ashamed of myself).

I am glad that you have now had an awakening. The healing begins and it is a long and slow process, good luck. It would be nice if you could change the past. I wish so much that you could post the names of such losers, right here and now, start our own pedophile JW watch list.

Is that against the rules? If not I will be glad to start.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It is the WTS's written policy that any brother guilty of sexual abuse can NEVER serve in an appointed position! What the hell are they doing allowing this man to be an elder, for Christ's sake?? Masturbating with your 12 year old daughter is severe sexual abuse. The law would put him in prison for that.

How did the CO allow this to get past him? If there is any way this can be taken care of it should be. This guy is a danger, and should not be in a position of trust in a congregation where he might be counseling children alone.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit