another Elder's Meeting memory...

by sibboleth 48 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

I sincerely hope that no one here attacks you. It is very important to get this info out into the sunlight. Any inside info from a former elder is going to be very enlightening for all of us. The real "truth" can be a very bitter pill to swallow at times, even for ex JW's.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

How can they really believe that this is Jehovah’s spirit appointed organisation,

They are bringing Jehovah down to this disgusting level and saying he accepts what is going on !!!

They are breaking the law of the land and the laws of Jehovah.

KT

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

let Jehovah handle things if there is a problem…

Why did Jehovah give us laws if we have to leave it to him, I've heard this statement for 30 years, it really is a nonsence.

Why did he sought out Eli when he did not take the action that he should have.?

KT

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It is the WTS's written policy that any brother guilty of sexual abuse can NEVER serve in an appointed position!

it is the wts written policy now...but i dont think it was when we first started to get bombarded with all this info..at that time no-one including elders, cos, or most branch members had the first clue how to deal with it.

and past wrongdoing being pretty much discounted when there is evidence of 'jehovahs blessing' is allowable after just 2 years..this also is written policy.

tijkmo of the devils advocate class

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Sibboleth - I completely understand how you feel. I know how completely the WT completely indoctrinates and makes you think that they are the supreme authority. I understand how difficult, even impossible, it would be now 25 years later to bring this subject up. It's also possible the girl has gone into denial (that's what I did because I didn't want to admit that anything like that could have ever happened to me).

You have so much to deal with right just sorting out your feelings much less attempting to correct a mistake from the past. I'm not sure there is much you can do other than warn people about the jerk and it will probably fall upon deaf ears. After all you are almost an apostate, and any good JW knows that apostates are incapable of telling the truth.

You have so much to offer on this forum, and I really appreciate your sinscerity.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    How would you have corrected this? I was a newbie elder following the lead of the more "spiritual" men. I feel like a couple of you are upset with me for not doing something

I feel for you, being a party to some acts of injustice myself. All of you who were fortunate enough not to serve as elders need to realize that only if you are in that situation can you really understand. Easier said than done people....especially in a mind controlling cult.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    should I let sleeping dogs lie? How do we know Br. Superfine is not doing things still ?

He needs to be ratted out to the proper authorities. Period!

Dismembered

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

If this happened 25 years ago when she was 12, then that makes her 37 not in her mid 40"s. Am I missing something here as to the timing of this abuse? Still, he has not taken the responsibility to set aside and remove himself from any and all positons of responsibilities. Wondering what his daughter has / is doing about this abuse. Pioneering does not take away the abuse she suffered from him. How can a child give mutual agreement to this selfish act of her father? How many others have swept this abuse under the rug?

Blueblades

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    It is the WTS's written policy that any brother guilty of sexual abuse can NEVER serve in an appointed position! What the hell are they doing allowing this man to be an elder, for Christ's sake?? Masturbating with your 12 year old daughter is severe sexual abuse. The law would put him in prison for that.

Exactly!

This is the kind of stuff the Borg swears they do not do! It shows that they do not take this seriously but sweep it under the rug every chance they get. According to their own policy that they put out for the public this man should have no position, peroid.

You ended your post giving the idea that you may not let this go, that you may push this issue. At least that's what I gathered.

If this guy was reproved before then there should be a paper trail as to what he was reproved for. If that's true than any position given to him would be a clear violation of their own policy. You may have something there if you wish to push it further.

• JeffT
    JeffT

A few thoughts: It is too bad that the peer pressure and protection of the organization supercede all other considerations. I can understand how it is possible for something like this to get pushed aside. Some here want you to do something, I don't know what that would be. Legally, I doubt you have standing to bring any kind of legal complaint. If the daughter doesn't want to do it, nobody else can do anything. It's a miserable situation all the way around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit