Wanting your opinions

by I.Wonder 21 Replies latest jw friends

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I wish to remove myself from the TMS. I can't stand it any longer. I am never out in service (i still turn in "informal" time) I still attend the meetings. I feel this is the nest step for me. Is there any way for me to quit the school with out making a big stink? I was just wondering what all of you thought.

Thank You,

IW

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Can you attribute it to illness of some kind?

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

You can ask the TMS overseer that you would need a break from TMS. It is worth a try.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I quit because of the anxiety. I was getting headaches on the days of my talks.

Maybe you can do the same. Just tell the school overseer you are WAY too nervous to keep giving talks. You have been trying to fight it, but you just can't anymore. You need a break for a while.

That should do it.

Warlock

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've known people quit the tms because they were finding it too stressful, at least that was the reason they gave. It should work for you.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Just ask to be removed. If he asks why, tell him it is for personal reasons. End of conversation. If he asks again, just keep repeating the same answer. Don't try and offer excuses/reasons. Keep it short and simple.

BB

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Thank you so much everybody!

I can't use health problems as an excuse. However anxiety would work. I loose sleep and and get so nervous about my talks that I can't eat and when I do eat. Well.... I will save you the details!

I really like the idea of just asking to be removed as well.

Thanks for the ideas, it really helps!

IW

• rebel8
    rebel8

Say you recently developed Tourette's Syndrome, can't help but yelling out things like "liar" when speaking in public, and can't with a good conscience give talks, lest your brothers think you are possessed and be stumbled by your behavior.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings I Wonder,

My wife went up to the school overseer, and told him NO MORE TALKS! He did his godly duty of trying to talk her out of it but she said she's done. After his wife scheduled my wife a couple times ( I knew his wife was making up the schedules) she (my wife) gave the slips back and said I told you I do not want to be assigned. After a few times they got the message and stopped scheduling her.

What I did was come down with the "I can't give talk I'm to nervous to do it anymore" routine. That worked for me. Or you can just tell them to get bent, you're not doing it anymore. After all you never get paid for it.

Dismembered

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

When I was the TMS Overseer, I had several who wanted to stop and it truly was over anxiety, tell them that you are suffering from anxiety and that giving talks at the PRESENT time is just too much, that you get physically sick, cant sleep for the night before the meeting and that you have considered missing the entire meeting the nights that you are suppose to give the talk, you cry about it and that you are starting to suffer depression because of not feeling worthy to give talks,

They will tell you not a problem, just don't re-enlist.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit