Sleeping during meetings

by darth frosty 23 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was just remembering some of the great sleep I used to get at the meetings. Towards the end I would sleep while reading for the bookstudy and the watchtower lesson. Who can top that?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sleeping during meetings was stopped when I was about seven or eight. Up until then my mother would let me lay my head in her lap and sleep like a baby. She decided I was getting too old for that and then I had to set up straight and do the head bobbing on warm Sunday afternoons while Brother Dull Monotone gave the lecture.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

My father would always nod off at almost every meeting. He also had no "quiet" voice so we'd nudge him and whisper "Dad, wake up" and he's say at normal volume "I'm not sleeping!"

We'd only nudge him when he started snoring. :D

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I also once fell asleep when reading the WT study :;-)

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    My father would always nod off at almost every meeting. He also had no "quiet" voice so we'd nudge him and whisper "Dad, wake up" and he's say at normal volume "I'm not sleeping!"

We'd only nudge him when he started snoring. :D

LOL. That is too funny. Oh man, I remember HOW PAINFUL it is to try to stay awake through a Thursday night meeting when you are just sooo exhausted after a full week of work or school or both.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

It was just the sweetest deepest sleep on earth, with pleasant dreams, just because it was so naughty, I guess. Then it was just as miserable to get thumped on the forehead and brought rudely back to reality... drone, drone, drone. Brother Onon Rambles was still going, same as 15 minutes ago before Mom thumped me or yanked my ear lobe!

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

It reminds me of one time where I was falling asleep while being the reader at the book study. I tried so hard not to slip away into bliss, as everyone was facing me and the conductor. I was soooo sleepy but fighting it off the best I could.

Imagine my face! Cross-eyed with one side of my mouth hanging down while my head is swaying to and fro. The book study group got a good laugh from the funny faces I was making. I triumphed though, and didn't fall asleep. But it was a darn hard battle.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Only during the conventions and assemblies...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Towards the end I would sleep while reading for the bookstudy and the watchtower lesson

No I cannot beat that even though I had my share of sleeping and especially at the assemblies.

abr

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was taken out and spanked more times than I can count for falling asleep at the meetings.

My aunt told me a story of when I was two and had fallen asleep, after my spanking, I had to stand next to my seat until the meeting ended.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit