cult personality type?

by Mysterious 65 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Tyrone--- Growing up with that...I would STRONGLY recommend therapy. It may--and does--seem like a waste of time some sessions, but the overall thread of discovery continues and transforms into a thread of continuous recovery. It winds up bing well worth it if you stick with it long enough. [Honestly, it can take years to uproot the damaging effects--but there's a luminescent, floating butterfly poised to burst forth from the constriction of that grey crusted cocoon it's been housed in for so long. Sometimes someone needs to help slit a clean and careful cut through that cocoon to help the butterfly flit freely. It may feel 'too close' sometimes...it's okay. The butterfly is waiting.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I feel like he has lived his entire existence through us, and sees nothing wrong with this at all. He beleives if you force someone to do something and they do it, it's really because they wanted too. I do not feel developed in any way as person from a religious angle and from the effects of my dads personality. Also he is extremly clever and very well educated from University. I told him one time that I lived my entire life to please him, never even considering what I wanted. His response was " What's wrong with that" witha big grin on his face. He's amazingly clever and despite my rebellions and protests have never been able to escape his orbit. My brothers included. We are very independant and not stupid either. He's extremely frustrating and my mother has never ever had a voice or influence on us. Sometimes I think he used the religion as a tool to further his ends at controlling us, hoping we would never get wise. I never had a sense of protection or sincerity in his prescence. Sometimes it just seems evil, and yet he has done good things, but it is always to an end and conditional. I now live in a triplex he owns and he is giving me a rent rebate. I just got too tired and unwell living at the Y. Looks like his plan is working on schedule. The only weapon I have is educating myself. Thanks for you input on the type of counselling I need. I will bear it in mind. It has been very helpful.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I think you are definitely an: I (introverted) and a P (perciever). The other two I'm not so sure. ISTP or ISFP? What do you think, J ex W?

Anyway, find out for yourself at Humanmetrics.com. Take the test and let us know.

Honestly, Becca, I wouldn't even venture a guess across this board. You've been on several more months than I have, so maybe you have more input to fall back on in assessing. I, personally, feel like I would need to see nonverbals as well as words. But you know what...I think you've just opened up a fun new game!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Tyrone--------- Yep...sounds you're seeing things clearly now and are heading in the right direction--good for you!! I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking...how old are you? I'm just curious how many years his 'reign' has lasted....

• becca1
    becca1

OK J ex W: Let's play. Read some of Tyrons old posts and come back and take a guess. He can take a test and see for himself, so whatever we say doesn't really matter.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

LOL, Becca! Don't you think Tyrone ought to have a say in this? I don't want to pick on any unwilling victims.

• becca1
    becca1

He asked me to "type" him! Didn't you Ty? Co'mon, let's play!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

LOL He asked you, Becca, but he didn't ask me. I'll wait till I get his official blessing. AND I will wait till I am not bleary-bloody-eyed from only three hours' sleep last night and five hours the night before. Right now, just the thought makes my head hurt!

• becca1
    becca1

OK.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

LOL You're funny, Becca.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit