cult personality type?

by Mysterious 65 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Tyrone------- Look at the thread under Relationships that talks about identifying an abuser. The links/ posts there focus on narcissim and inverted narcissim. Fascinating stuff.

• Confession
    Confession

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, ah yes. That's a doozy.

Having known and worked with filmmaker Michael Moore a bit--and having spoken to others who've likewise known him--I'm pretty sure he suffers from the same disorder.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

This is very encouraging. If you can find where you fit on the spectrum the insight will empower you. I wonder if reading is sufficient or a proffesional would be better. We tend to analyse ourselves differently perhaps from denial in certain areas. I have always found therapy very intense and have a hard time trusting. Sometimes when I go, I even tell myself, there's nothing wrong with me and I'm wasting my time. I'm not getting any younger either. Do all therapists use this format. If so that sounds like good news.

• Confession
    Confession

No, Tyrone, I don't think they do. Really, Myers-Briggs is something you can explore yourself. Just go to www.keirsey.com

The book most are familiar with (I think) is David Keirsey's "Please Understand Me II" from about 1994.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya confession, the denial is unreal and everyone seems to get effected with the dillusions of this person. Seeing what I have of Michael moore, I beleive you might indeed be correct. My fathers denial has been relentless and unhelpful to advancing our situation. I'm glad to see someone else is familiar with this. Maybe that gives you an idea of the monsters I deal with, in myself.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

LOL!! One of the websites I looked at about narcissm was ALL ABOUT Michael Moore--and using that idea to discredit his critical, unflattering exposes on NRA among other things. What I find funny is that. narcissm or no, all individuals are capable of accomplishing/ performing something GOOD in amongst the havoc they create. Just as all are capable of some degree of evil, all are capable of some good. Even Hitler was known for being especially kind and warmhearted toward elderly women. [Just not Jewish....]

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Thanks for the advice and the links everyone. I'm definately going to look into this!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

You need to find one who specializes in personality evaluation and abuse and personality disorders (or at least with many years experience working with such).

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

You are so right J ex W that's the confusing part of the whole thing. It sure is a doozy. I don't know whether to love him or smack him.

• becca1
    becca1

Hi Ty: I agree with the others that personality typing may be very enlightening for you. And yes, you can do it yourself, but the guidance of a trained therapist would be great too.

Personality Disorders can occur in any personality type. They are what they are called "disorders", a deviation from the norm.

I think you are definitely an: I (introverted) and a P (perciever). The other two I'm not so sure. ISTP or ISFP? What do you think, J ex W?

Anyway, find out for yourself at Humanmetrics.com. Take the test and let us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit