Met anyone Famous? What were they Like?

by Clam 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Teresa Graves

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Teresa Graves (January 10, 1948 - October 10, 2002) was an African-Americanactress and singer. As the star of Get Christie Love! (1974), Graves was the first African American woman to play the lead in a police film and TV show.

She was born in Houston, Texas and began her career, singing in the band "Doodletown Pipers". She soon turned to acting. She was a regular in the two variety flops "Our Place" (1967) and "Turn On" (1969), then became a regular on the variety show "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" where she stayed for a year.

Graves appeared in number of films before her pivotal role in made-for-TV police movie Get Christie Love! (1974). She reprised the role of "Christie Love" in a short TV drama of the same name, Get Christie Love!, which featured Jack Kelly as Lt. Ryan, Love's supervisor.

In 1983 she dropped out of show business to devote her time to the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. For the rest of her life she resided in Hyde Park, California and took care of her mother.

On October 10, 2002 there was a fire in her home. Fire fighters found her unconscious in a bedroom of her home and she was rushed to the Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival; she was only 54 years old. It is believed that the fire was caused by a faulty heater. Neighbors said that they never knew of her past life as an actress.

[edit] External links

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I met many in Manhattan at 9/11

Susan Sarandon - very kind

John Trovalta - Incredible to all there

Chris Rock - In Trauma when he looked around and saw the destruction

Harrison Ford - was seving breakfast to the firefighters....very concerned for them

I know there is more, but I would have to look at some of my old stuff to remember. Of course, Giulani he was the most amazing person..personally going to every person he could find to thank them for coming to his city.

Leslie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I met Al gore at a church in Macon Georgia when he was campainging for President Clintons first term. He shook my hand and allowed us to video him.

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage used to work out at the same Worlds Gym as I did. In the 90's. Hulk would talk to me about playing the guitar making records and Harleys. Randy would say hi.

Hulk grew up in Tampa and has lived in the Clearwater area durning the 90's. My wife and I would see him all over at restauraunts and clubs. He would always say hello.

I met Blue Oyster Cult after a show and they were friendly and would give me their autograhps and talk with me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

pratt1 I also met Charleston Heston - Arrogant short son of a bitch.

How tall are you? 7 foot.Wikpedia says Charleton Heston is 6 foot 3.

Or is Wikpedia wrong and Charleton Heston is 5 foot 3?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    beautiful black actress in the early 70's

Is that the one with Goldie Hawns in "Laugh in?'

• pratt1
    pratt1

I am 5' 11".

He was considerably shorter than me.

Your source is wrong.

I worked in a high end store on 5th avenue and help Mr Heston purchase several suits.

• aarque
    aarque

My ex-spouse was a huge fan of Johnny Cash and became close friends with John's truck driver, JP. We would go all over to see his concerts and met him, June Carter Cash and her sisters several times. We gave Earl Poole Ball, his piano player, a ride to the airport once and he called us a few times, also. All very good people. After concerts, we would go out with the band for a meal and once rode in their bus, and were allowed in the auditoriums while the band was setting up. I knew the past several years John wasn't well, but was shocked to hear when June died, and John followed a few months later. She really was the love of his life and losing her must have been overwhelming for John. JP passed away a year or so before June and John.

• Terry
    Terry

I lived in California for 10 years. Part of that time I worked in an Art Gallery (Billy Hork Galleries) in Beverly Hills.

I met many celebrities.

In no particular order:

John Travolta, Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, Sean Connery, Michael Caine, Rhonda Flemming, Barbara Carerra,Donal Sutherland, Dudley Moore, Caesar Romero, Robert Cornthwaite, Bo Derek, John Derek, Peggy Lee, Tim Conway, Karl Malden, Geoffrey Lewis, Marilu Henner, Steven Spielberg, Tobe Hooper, Eric Estrada, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, John Astin, Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry, David Shire, Miklos Rosza, Jerry Fielding, Bruce Broughton, David Raksin, Fred Steiner....

my mind is failing. Lots of producers, set decorators, less luminaries.

I found all of them to be at least personable.

The only truly weirdo among the lot of them was Donald Sutherland. He said he had voices in his head and I believe him.

• juni
    juni

Terry you old wacko! I just sent you a PM - thought you were from the UK cause you spelled the word "humor" w/a "u". Now I see you're from TX! God I feel so stupid......

Anyway......I sat next to the maid of the American actress Elizabeth Ashley at a DA in Milwaukee. She was very sweet. She was saying how they party it up out in Hollywood and a lot are a bunch of crazies.

That's as close to someone famous I have been.

Juni moon lol Terry!

• watson
    watson

Is that the one with Goldie Hawns in "Laugh in?'

YES! And they were "hot." Bikinis et al.

I remember when she came to our Circuit Assembly to tell her experience. As a teenager, I was very impressed.

Watson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit