Met anyone Famous? What were they Like?

by Clam 57 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes. I met actor Tony Danza because I went to school with his young relatives. He is a very sweet, down to earth guy. He went to the same High School as most of my family and was really into sports. I found out he was a semi-pro boxer who was discovered at the local YMCA. (I am from New York)

My hubby met actor Steve Martin when he worked at the Ritz Carlton Boston, and he said he really is one "Wild and Crazy guy". Apparently he loves his little dog so much, he got a suite just for him. Lilly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband used to make clothes for the lead singer of Con Funk Shun, Micheal Cooper. I met him on my first date with my soon to be hubby. Micheal is a sweet nice guy. And every time after that we have seen him he's been just as nice and sweet.

Michael Cooper

• karnage
    karnage

Being a chef in fine dining, I get to meet a lot of famous people. I've personally cooked for Gene Simmons of KISS (very nice guy and has a ton of stories and jokes to share), John Travolta (yes, he really is weird), Sylvester Stallone (real nice guy, very down to earth), and the Ferrari family (which I wish that they paid me with one of their fine cars!).

I went to high school with the famous wrestler and actor "The Rock". We both played high school football together and he dated my sister for awhile.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I got to meet and chat with Doctor Evils Number Two....we had a regular "heart to heart."

• BrentR
    BrentR

I was good friends with Howard Leese of the group Heart for several years. He had an unusual gun that required custom made ammo that could not be purchased in a store. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I had a small home business manufacturing ammo. He found me at the gun show in Puyallup WA and asked if I could load ammo for his new pistol.

So for several years we would talk on the phone about target shooting and problems he was having with his pistol. He would be at the gun show every couple months to chat and drop off some used brass to be reloaded.

Howard was a great guy and rarely spoke about the band or performing. To him it was just a job and was far more interested in the shooting sports. I am very much a Heart fan but I was careful not to bug him too much about "work".

My wife is a paramedic and has done many concert stand by shifts at the Tacoma Dome. She has met Bruce Springstein, Garth Brooks, Tonya Harding, Alan Jackson, The Eagles, Carlos Santana, Rob Elliot of Def Lepard and many others. She met Alan Jackson because he showed up to the T-Dome completely drunk off of his butt. Drunk enough his manager was concerned he was not going to be able to do the show. After a couple hours he evaporated off enough to do the show (sort of).

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Aw come on now...Question is, "Have they met me?"

No really I have met a couple and I guess if an artist being famous counts...One elder in our hall was famous. I just heard that he went back after having been df'ed and going on a gay streak, that he is back in the borg. Tis a shame.

I met Robert Redford. I helped him with some purchases when he was in Santa Fe and filming the Milagro Bean field War.

I also knocked on the dore of the "doc" from Back To the future while in field service. He did not want any.

I worked for an Artist V Goodnight and she bought a home next to robert Redford. She always pissed me off cuz she sold all her artist copies of her sculpure and made me go back and make Artist Proof NUMBER @. Like that is ethical. So ther I sat making Robert Redford a statue.

I have met several but really where I met them, in the town, it is a normal and growing up there you kind of learn to not make any big deal out of who they are. It helps keep them moving into the area. Wa know.

They all seem pretty normal to me.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My dad knew Michael Landon in the '60s and he would always mutter "hypocrite" at the TV everytime Landon portrayed himself as a loving family man. According to my dad, he treated his mother rather poorly.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

At an assembly, I met Larry Graham (of the 1960's/ 70's music group Sly and the Family Stone) and his wife Tina, and Prince's first wife. [But not Prince--just watched as he was getting out of his limo, purple get-up and all.] Larry and Tina were very personable and friendly, down to earth. They were longtime regular pioneers by then and also the ones who studied with and brought Prince into the truth. [one famous musician to another--apparently, it works]

• Kudra
    Kudra

My dad plays tennis with a guy who used to play guitar with The Steve Miller Band.

He's really rich and has vineyards and racecars.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Cool.

It reminded me that I left a guitarist out of my poem: Brian Basset.

He "played that funky music" in Wild Cherry, and he also played in Foghat.

I found a website that lists the names of Steve Miller's band members over the years:

http://www.gangster-of-love.com/band.html

I guess it wasn't Boz Scaggs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit