Met anyone Famous? What were they Like?

by Clam 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Emilio Estevez: I inspected his vehicle while working as an insurance adjuster. He's a very nice guy

David Haselhoff: I was at a fuel station, standing up against my car, I looked to my left and there he was. He was very pleasant and interested in other people.

James Spader: If you know his character on Boston Legal, then you know James Spader.

Kevin Federline: I inspected his motorcycle. I think the media portrays him well.

Telma Hopkins: I inspected her vehicle at her home. She was very pleasant and nice to talk with.

Prince: I met him at an assembly in Minnesota, which is where I've lived most of my life.

I've met a few athletes and other celebrities, however my memory fails me and the above list is all I can recall.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I met James Arness (Matt Dillon of Gunsmoke) on a riverboat in Germany back in the 1970s. He was very pleasant and friendly. I met Sterling Holloway (voice of Winnie the Poo, Kaa the snake in Junglebook and many others) on an airplane coming out of Hong Kong in 1972. He was surprised that I recognized him since most folks know his voice but not what he looked like. I told him that I remembered him from the old William Bendix T.V. series and he responded ":They are all dead now.". I met John Wayne in an Officer's Club at Hurlburt AFB, FL. He bought me a drink. He was there making the movie "Green Berets"

• metaspy
    metaspy

Hulk Hogan (NYC, NY) - Really big guy, I think bicep is as big as my head (maybe bigger). Nice personality.

Weird Al Yankovic (Portland, ME) - He didn't seem as weird as I thought he would be.

(almost met) Andre the Giant (connecticut) - he left the restaurant just before we arrived. We saw a crowd of people outside, but we went inside instead. Then found out that it was Andre outside, bummer!

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Don't want to give too much away because I'm attempting to stay somewhat anonymous, but I've recently worked with one of the biggest sports celebrities in the country this past year. And one of my clients from last year was part of one of the wealthiest families in the country.

The sports guy was oblivious to his family and a little "punch drunk." The attorney was wonderfully kind and an amazingly thoughtful person. Very attached to his blackberry, but otherwise very interested in helping others.

• Leolaia
  • free2beme
    free2beme

SixofNine

Maybe I caught him at a bad moment. We were at a wedding of a friend of his in Oregon and he was just being a complete jerk. At the time, I did not know who he was, as I do not follow basketball. Maybe he was drinking or just being to comfortable around friends. Either way, I was not impressed with my first impression of him.

• Clam
    Clam

Interesting posts. So much shoulder rubbing with the stars. I didn't go to school with anyone famous but Orlando Bloom used to go to the school just down the road from my house. How's that for a tenuous link??!

I also knocked on the door of the "doc" from Back To the future while in field service. He did not want any.

LOL a whole new thread there. Have you ever knocked on the door of someone famous while in FS? . . . .or If you could've knocked on a famous person's door in FS who would it have been? I'd go for Jack Nicholson off the top of my head. Maybe cut his door open with an axe?

• pratt1
    pratt1

I lived and worked in NYC so I have met many celebrities over the years.

The ones that stand out are, Vanessa Williams - I tried to hit on her but she flatly turned me down... her lost.

and Halle Berry - I really liked her but I was really star strucked and on a business lunch with a client so I really didn't get much face time with her.

She is even more beautiful in person.

I also met Charleston Heston - Arrogant short son of a bitch.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Whatever happened to the beautiful black actress in the early 70's, she had a series that became a JW,,in that part I think her last name was "Love"?

• pratt1
    pratt1

Teresa Graves.

She lived in CA and I believe she recently died in a fire.

She basically gave up acting to be a witless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit