Met anyone Famous? What were they Like?

by Clam 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Have you ever met and had chance to talk to someone "famous"? Maybe an actor, politician, musician?

If you have were they different from their public persona? Were you pleasantly surprised or did you find them obnoxious?

I've bumped into a few "celebrities" (not a nice word these days) over the years, mainly in West London pubs. They've generally been ok people who are happy to chat. Friendliest and nicest ones I've met have been Bill Beaumont the former England Rugby captain, Norman Wisdom, Eric Clapton and Micky Dolenz from the Monkees. The latter was a really great guy. Russell Crowe seemed alright but he'd unsucessfully tried to drink the pub dry.

• unique2u
    unique2u

I have met Gene Simmons from KISS- VERY NICE! Such a sweet guy, he could tell I was "starstruck" and he held his arms out and gave me hug :) Also have met the entire band of KORN way back when they were first coming out mainstream (1997 or so)- I was working at a McDonald's outside of Milwaukee, WI they pulled in on their tour bus (I believe they were opening for Ozzy) I was talking to them while I was on break and then they actually waited to order until I could take their order.. at the time they were very down to earth, average guys...

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Met a few J Depp, n Kidman, T Cruise, Spice Girls, a lot of footballers, B Niellson,A Pacino, D Johnson, J Nicholson, B Murray,........ They say that S Stallone is an asshole though.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Ron Howard, nice guy. Talked to him about 15-20 mins while we hid him upstairs in a movie theatre, before his movie started.

Lee Greenwood, complete ass. Glad to see he has little to no career.

Kristy Ally. Just plain odd.

Bob Dylan. Looked like a homeless man, odd duck.

John Stockton. Thought a lot of himself, and made sure you knew that.

Jerry Rice. Kind of quiet. but nice.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"John Stockton. Thought a lot of himself, and made sure you knew that."

I assisted a photographer shooting John Stockton once. He seemed kind of shy actually, but maybe he was just being distant. He was polite though, and didn't give us trouble doing what we asked.

We were working in the gym of a high school in Salt Lake City, and a few of the kids got wind that he was there and caught him as he was leaving, asking for autographs. I heard later that one of them had written him a sort of lovie-dovie note into the front of a Book of Mormon and left it with his driver to give to him.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I've met MOUTHY from JWD--very down to earth and loveable!

When I was a kid, I met the Bay City Rollers in Scotland, they were walking down a lane near my house and stopped to ask if I knew where so and so lived. It was a bizarre experience!

I also have spent time with Steve Green, who is a well-known musician in Christian circles. He was everything you would expect from a disciple of Jesus--humble, loving, gentle and kind. I even had my photo taken with him!

• gymbob
    gymbob

I met the Jackson 5 back at bethel back around 76'-77'. They were on tour of the factory and I just turned around and they were all standing there watching me sew books together. That was when Michael was black of course.... :) I also met George Benson at Bethel.

Oh, and I met another celebrity there too....Bill Bowen!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Met Jean Chretein on the eve of the milenium. He was with the camera crew near the centenial flame. He walked through the crowd and shook my hand and within seconds, his 6ft.4 body gaurd flattened me. I shook hands with OJ simpson in the late 70's. I was doing a public speaking competition and he was one of the judges. He shook my hand and said great job. It's funny but he seemed like a nice guy at the time. I met Fredrick W. Franz at a special convention in the early 80's. I asked him a question he didn't know the answer to, and said in a rough tone "I DON"T KNOW!!! He seemed to have a very grumpy, and haughty, holy spirit that day. Met David Suzuki. He was a jerk too.

• noni1974
    noni1974

As a matter of fact I have.

I met all the members of Motley Crue.All of them were very nice.Vince Neal is shorter than me and it caused me to lose my crush on him.I loved him till I found out he was shorter than me and he was kinda puggy.This was pre face lift also.

I've met Blessid Union of Souls.All cool guys.

I've met the Nelson Twins.Them and me have the same birthday and are the same age.

I've met Big Z from the Cleveland Cavilers.AKA Zydruras IIgauskas. He's 7'3" and his knees were in my back the whole trip.His fare was $21.00 and he gave me$23.00.He's a crapy tiper.He never spoke to me just handed me the money and got out to go into his million dollar house.He was drunk off his ass.What a putz.

And I met couter from dukes of hazzard.Nice guy and smart.

• Faded4SoFar
    Faded4SoFar

Jimmy Carter is well intentioned but an ass. Joyce Brothers is a sweet old lady. Paul Newman is much nicer than I would have thought and an all around good guy. Stephen King was kinda quiet so I couldn't get a good read. Met others but did not talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit