JW's - Satanic Cult or just wrong-headed religion?

by AK - Jeff 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

It started honestly enough...Russell made no effort to hide the source of info or predictions (however wrong they were)...He was searching for God's purpose....He wasn't trying to controll people.....but as usually happens, men (Rutherford, GB) found that they had influence in peoples' lives and ran with it which turned an honest group of people in the persuit of truth into a group who defines "the truth" as their organization. They are not a "Satanic Cult"...they have just progressively moved further and further away from those original pure intentions.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Based on the facts:

they used Johannes Greber for many years (27?) knowing he and his wife used demonic assistance in translating the NT; and

that C.J. Woodworth, Editor of The Golden Age and other WTS publications, acknowledged his demon possession and even automatic writing (http://geocities.comHeartland/2919/wood.html)

That's not to mention Russell's involvement with the Masons and Pyramidology

While I would not consider it a Satanic Cult, I certainly believe they have had Satanic/demonic influence throughout their history.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I wouldn't say directly Satanic Just messed up like a lot others. It's becomming my oppinion that all religions are man made and therefore messed up. I once heard it said that "being a Christian is about being in a relationship not a religion" Following Christ is the only way to go in my oppinion, if a Church helps you do that then good, but when the Church gets to demanding and requires members to follow them thats where you need to part company. Just my 2 cents seek2find

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Hi Jeff:

Gill makes a very good point which I choose to go with.
    However, it may also be a combination of different
    things as well.

It could partly be a screwed up religion, business,
    and satanic cult all rolled into one.

Great topic

Your friend,

Richard

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I think even Satan would not wish to claim them. Satan wants people to enjoy the life they have right now, even if he encourages deriving enjoyment from things God calls perverse.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Hey Auldsoul,

I disagree in part,...if the bible is true and Satan does exist, then I think his main objective is to hide Christ,...the gospel,...and His plan of salvation. Satan seems to set up some christian cults that basically deny Christ's power, authority, grace, and simply Him being the Saviour.

I think this is a common denominator found in most christian cults.

Yet,..i do agree with you that Satan's plan of deception for some people is through enjoying the "things God calls perverse".

I do think the JWs and Mormons and the like are wolves in sheep's clothing crafted by Satan.

• agapa37
    agapa37

I whole heartedly believe that it is God's Organization. I truely believe that it has been infultrated by Satans influence( much like it was back in Isreals time). God's people are in trouble.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We cannnot just slap the label on it.
    Mind-control cults offer the "US vs. THEM" scenario.

It is good or it is evil. It is worldly or it is spiritual.
    It is not necessary to think in such opposite terms.

Is the WTS evil?- YES. Does that make it Satanic? Could be.
    But then, aren't all mind-control cults Satanic? Could be, again.

In order to stop thinking like the JW's, though, I say to recognize
    all the gray in-between BLACK and WHITE.
    As Wanderer did say, they could be both Satanic and wrong-headed
    religion. Satanic would be defined as "wicked" but not as "promoting
    Satan."

I have decided that they are the Chicken Little Cult.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

agapa37,

According to the way I understand the Bible, either:

(a) we are living in the time of the end when the mountain of the house of Jehovah is to be lifted up above every other mountain and the nations will stream to it, and Jehovah's Witnesses are acting as a legitimate agent of God ...

or

(b) we are living during the Great Apostasy and Jehovah's Witnesses are just as apostatized from the Bible and its teachings as any other religion.

What I cannot find any cause for believing is that Jesus examined the Bible Students at the turn of the last century (early 1900s) and chose them as the true religion. Can you believe he did that, given what the Bible Students were teaching at the time?

If they ever were God's true church, then at some point they were teaching truth from the Bible sufficient to merit their choosing. When do you believe they were doing this?

If they never were then they still aren't and there is no more need to expect God to fix that religion than there is a need to expect God to fix Catholicism, Judaism, or Islamism.

Please, explain to me why you believe that at some point they were the true religion. Then explain why you believe a true religion that turns from the true course is still the true religion.

Jesus rejected the religions and religionists of his day. He did not preach a religion to people. Why do you? I am very curious on this point.

• agapa37
    agapa37

I told myself I wouldn't do this but sheesh! Take a chill pill dude. Your relentless attack on any JW who comes in here and border line stalking of them is tiresome. I responded to this thread, AK-JEFFS thread.A question was asked, so I gave my honest feelings on it. BUT like a deranged stalker, you pin point me and my thoughts and try to hi jack this thread, relax my friend. And you are dunb founded as to why JWS won't talk to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit