JW's - Satanic Cult or just wrong-headed religion?

by AK - Jeff 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

agapa37:

agapa37: I responded to this thread, AK-JEFFS thread.

Logic 101

If a person asks for an answer in the form of "x" or "y", have you answered the question asked if you answer "z"?

Logic says: No.

Thread topic: JW's - Satanic Cult or just wrong-headed religion?

If you answer "z" have you kept the discussion on the topic desired by the one who asked for either "x" or "y"?

Logic says: No. Therefore, you changed the topic from the one AK-Jeff started, not me.

You raised a completely new subject with your answer. I addressed the subject you raised in your answer, which I am free to do at will without being fairly labeled a stalker.

This is a discussion forum. Discussion frequently takes the form of interogatory (i.e. "questions" since you mentioned before you have trouble with big words) and response, then follows on with questions about the response given. That is what discussions are, agapa37. You must not like discussions if you don't like the give and take part of it all.

This is a discussion forum. You are welcome to discuss topics you want to talk about or topics others want to talk about. What you are not welcome to do is decide for others which of your statements they will question further. That is part of decorous discussion.

Grow up. It's a big world out here.

BTW: My post in response to the subject you raised was not an attack, by any stretch of imagination. I was asking for more of your opinions and explanations. Seeking information is not an attack.

• Rooster
    Rooster

You must agree it is quite the elaborate trap.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The very idea that there's a powerful malevolent supernatural force manipulating people and events is something I'm very glad to have left behind with all the other Watchtower nonsense.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Agapa37 sounds like another dumba$$ elder or Watchtower lover one. Anyone who would defend that cult is no better than the organization theirself.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it is an insipid cult, not Satanic, and no different than many other religions. It is unlikely Russell set out to initiate a cult, he believed what he erroneously preached. Over time it developed cult like attributes, probably unintentionally (though that is open to debate during the Rutherfordian era).

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The bible says that false prophets would arise to mislead many. What if Russell was given a gospel of half truths by Satan and then convinced people it was the truth, making people beleive that it was there duty to spread this gospel in order to attain salvation. That would be an effective means of spreading lies with conviction, in a very innocent and unknowing way. It's always better to hide a tree in the forest.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

It is at the least a religion with cultist tendencies. Can you name me a right-headed religion? Religion is a means to give answers to people who aren't satisfied with things based in reality. IS JW (the religion, not the people) more dangerous than most mainstream religions? Yeah. Is it lead by what seems to be power hungry men? Yeah. If there were a god, would he deem it's adherents to be "Devil Worshippers"? I really don't think so. I'm not afraid of JWs coming to my door and stealing my cat for ritual sacrifice. I feel bad for most of them because their lives are being controlled by a few men whom most of them know nothing about.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm saying a satanic cult . They even went so far as to seek a sorcerer to write the NWT . johannes greber. spirit medium . They claimed it didn't matter where they got their information at the time. I think they do practice some form of voodoo that I was never in the know about . I think when they joined the UN as an NGO was one of the most obvious give aways .They show up to the memorial and reject the symbols of christs suffering , now right there is an admittance that they reject christ. I'm even reading in the latest WT articles that they are quoting apostate sources to support their dogma . We all know how they feel about people outside the org. They associated with apostates in joint lawsuits in order to evade taxation on literature. There are subliminal satanic symbols in the artwork in their publications. They sneak around and spy on members , stalking them and documenting alleged acts of immorality that the accused does not even get legal counsel while being tried and convicted . They carry on like jerks during the WT study and will throw insults meant for other members and will even do this during prayers and public talks . These people are completely nuts . Most of them are on some sort of medication for mental disorders . They've said themselves that mental weakness is a sign of satanic influence .Technicaly you aren't supposed to seek professional help even .The org. will even go so far as condemn members of abuse that seek justice in court . While protecting the accused with legal counsel.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

They are not Satanic....If they were they would challenge authority and teach their people to do the same.

Knowing real true authority would have no problem smacking them down when challenged...however the fake authorities woul;d be the ones who had better be concerned.

• heathen
    heathen

They are not Satanic....If they were they would challenge authority and teach their people to do the same.

They do more than just challenge it , they condemn all authority outside the book publishing corporation ,stating the political powers are corrupt (can't argue there) but then they will sneakily join the UN as an NGO, in effect pledging allegiance to the corrupt powers they condemned . Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light ......................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit