In Memorandum

by RichieRich 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Oroborus21:

ps: do you mean "In Memoriam"?

results for: memorandum

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source mem·o·ran·dum alt / ?m?malt?'rænaltd?m / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ mem-uh-ran-duhaltm ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -dums, -da alt / -d? / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ -duh ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation .
    1.a short note designating something to be remembered, esp. something to be done or acted upon in the future; reminder.
    2.a record or written statement of something.
    3.an informal message, esp. one sent between two or more employees of the same company, concerning company business: an interoffice memorandum.
    4.Law . a writing, usually informal, containing the terms of a transaction.
    5.Diplomacy . a summary of the state of an issue, the reasons for a decision agreed on, etc.
    6.a document transferring title to goods but authorizing the return of the goods to the seller at the option of the buyer.
    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source

No results found for Memoriam.

Did you mean
    Dictionary suggestions:
    Memoria
    Memorial
    Memorise
    Merriam
    Memoried
    Memories
    Memorize
    Miriam
    MEMRI
    Memories'
    Membrum
    Memorate
    Memory
    MEMRAC
    Zemaraim
    Megrim
    Memorially
    Encyclopedia suggestions:
    Memoria
    Memorial
    Memorain
    Memrom
    Meriam
    MAMRAM
    Merriam
    Amoriam
    Memories
    Memorize
    Memorizu
    Mémorial
    12 Memories
    9/11 memorial
  • Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

GB/BG,

next time try either "in memoriam" or "memoriam definition"

Dictionary Back to Top

Directory > Words > Dictionary

in me·mo·ri·am (in ' m?-môr'e-?m, -mor'-) pronunciation
    prep.

In memory of; as a memorial to. Used especially in epitaphs.

-------

it seems that's what the guy meant. no need to make a big case about it, though it does make me wonder about his college?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Thanks GGoBG.

I wasn't going to say anything, but thanks.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Richie)))

Maybe I SHOULD be your MOM! The JW son I raised is NOW shunning me cause I told him about the elders spiritually abusing me and I won't go to meetings.

I have had a really tough 3 months. I feel like my son hates me cause I am not a regular JW. (I can't go back..and be a JW after what the elders said to us on a welcoming visit and knowing the true pedophile situation).

I long for a life with my 2 sons...but I won't take coercion (or emotional blackmail) back to a "cult" just to get it. IT grieves me so.

When I was 14 my Mom died.......All's I can think about it how grateful I would be to have parents to call on the phone. My Dad wasn't a JW and he is dead........I didn't care......at least I had a parent to call.

Let's hope he wakes up from this "cult" and realizes he has a MOM that really loves and misses him...

tearfully,

Codeblue

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I originally titled it In Memoriam, but then decided in Memorandum worked better.

Sorry.

RichieRich, Esq.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

GB/BG,

next time try either "in memoriam" or "memoriam definition"

Dictionary Back to Top

Directory > Words > Dictionary

in me·mo·ri·am (in ' m?-môr'e-?m, -mor'-) pronunciation
    prep.

In memory of; as a memorial to. Used especially in epitaphs.

-------

it seems that's what the guy meant. no need to make a big case about it, though it does make me wonder about his college?

i wasn't making a big deal out of anything, just pointing out that his choice of word worked as well and that maybe you should focus on the point and try to have some empathy instead of self-righteously correcting people all the time. Sincerely, GGBG

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

HOLY CRAP... I never thought of it before, but my entire relationship with my mother is based on us being dubs... We haven't gone to the beach in years due to the JW budget, our family night consists of just movies and the watchtower, and other than that we hardly talk!

When I leave we will have absolutely NOTHING in common! And I somehow never even thought of that before.

I'm sorry Richie, the whole situation sucks. I can't really say that I hope you and your mom get things straightened out, because I think your life will progress much better without her... But it still sucks.

[[[Rich]]] <- MANLY HUG

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

So I guess that means I don't get to have a mother.

And the only reasons I don't like that is purely selfish.

What will I tell MY wife?

What will I tell MY children?

What will I tell MYSELF?

Richie, I'm so sorry. I'm on the brink of breaking my Mom's heart. But the sad truth is that most problems I ever had trace back to her, and that stupid cult. We have all been robbed, and WT has hell to pay.

tsof

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

Absolutely incredible post RR! One of the best I've had the pleasure to read here.

Also to the old hen (orbyyouboreus) that tried to crap all over this thread, WTF is wrong with you? The pompous jovie attitude is showing in you!

• Mary
    Mary

Richie I'm so sorry that you're going through all this mental anguish right now. It's sounds like the religion did a real number on your mother. I truly hope that one day, she realizes what a good son she has in you.

Oroborus21 said: it seems that's what the guy meant. no need to make a big case about it, though it does make me wonder about his college?

Eduardo, do everyone a favour and piss off. Richie is hurting right now and he doesn't need your smart assed remarks over a word. Geezus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit