In Memorandum

by RichieRich 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Richie! . What is done is done, only one direction to go, forward. This is what you are doing. My Mother was a good woman to us, sorry yours wasn't.

Blueblades

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

Sorry to see such a sad mother/son relationship. It sounds like the pressure of being a JW has cause some long years of mental problems for your mom and she has taken it out on you. I've always held the personal belief that the bond of love a mother has for her son or sons maybe the strongest type of love we'll ever expierence. (My motto, "No one loves you like your mother") But what you endured is far from love. But you should not respond in the same negative ugly way even though you have deep pain and scars. It will not help you. It is a good idea that you now work to build and or maintain a good relationship with your father. Perhaps together you both could be there for your mom down the road when she will need real love and care. The kind she has and never will receive from her JW family. I hope the best for you.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Your words are very moving....and I just have to say how sorry I feel for you.

guilt fault and blame. OMG ... cults destroy familes... and brain/washing continues

take care of you... so many here express love for you, I know you feel it

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((((((((hugs))))))))

Such pain weights heavy. It's good you let it out, and i hope the future will bring you people who love you, and who will be your new family.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I just caught up with this - annoyed i didnt see it earlier. Richie you are moving way faster than I ever did. I taught myself to hate my parents for all the things they didnt do - my list would look a lot like yours - words spat at me, cruel names, relentless discipline, and such emotional damage etc, but forgiving them brought me the best closure.

Since I forgave them I've not been drinking every night til I pass out, I've stopped smoking, I've started a new life alone and begin my Bachelors degree next week. Hurry to forgive her, because when you do you will be able to forgive yourself and relinquish the hurt feelings and feel much more at peace. These things take time - just dont take 15 years like I have because I could have done so much more this last 15 years than I have. Its not worth spending our lives as "recovering ex Jehovah's Witnesses". Your life is going to be amazing despite and because of all this hurt and pain. And you know I think you are an exceptional human being.

Love nina x

• sspo
    sspo

I know where you're coming from. Thanks for expressing your feelings

• timmycat
    timmycat

Hi Rich.....and that you are, you're mother was sick, unbalanced and cruel. I'm sorry that she tainted the religion so badly and was not a good example of a christian. She has a lot to answer to and for, but I do believe that Jehovah has and will always love you, he sees all and knows you're pain. You are a very strong person and should be proud of that, no doubt you wouldn't never have been able to survive that onslaught of emotional abuse without Jehovah's help. She treats you like an apostate but you are not.

Cheers

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think he DID survive it very well without Jehovah's help. He deserves the credit, not the god of that abusive little cult. Why is it that when someone survives something through their own determination and strength of character, some people will try to take it away by saying "you couldn't have done it without god"?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

(((((((((((Richie)))))))))))

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

First of all, this is an oldddd thread.

but I'm still fine.

Don't feel bad for me.

and yeah, I couldn't have done it without God's help.... right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit