Are You Afraid To Die?

by avidbiblereader 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Not the kind of death, but actually dying? Not trying to be morbid, but for now, it is a part of life.

abr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No, not afraid to die. I think what would have bothered me more, was to
    waste my entire life (not just about 20 years) believing I would not ever
    have to die, then realizing I was wrong in old age.

I suppose the best way to sum this up is this- suppose you were an
    older JW in 1995, having been born into the religion. Suddenly, without
    any warning, the Governing Body says that Armageddon is delayed.
    That JW is now afraid that they will die, when they figured the end had to be
    awefully soon.

You and I and most people here, we have some life left. Focus on the
    life part instead of the inevitable. I would rather know now, than later.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

No, not at all. Not that I want to die, but if it happens tommorrow, I am ready. I have no fear, I know I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that have accepted him as my savior. I would like to see my children who are now young adults to become parents and have grandchildren but if I don't get to see them I'm OK with that.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Nope. Not at all.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I really don't know how to answer this question. The will to live is strange. I've been in a situation where I was under sedation and I knew I was near death and I fought to live. I remember this even though I was under. I think a better question would be "are you ready to die" or something like that. I didn't think about going to heaven or hell, but I didn't want to die.

Then there are times when I'm deeply depressed that I think that I want to die; but I've never attempted to kill myself. I don't know if it's because I'm worried about my family or if I'm afraid to attempt it. I think if I were attacked by a crazed psychopath or murderer that I would try to fight for my life and, hell yes, I'd be afraid. I guess it depends on the circumstances.

To quote the song "A Change is Going to Come": "I don't know what's out there beyond the sky" . In that since, I'm not worried about death. What will be, will be.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I usually don't respond to this type of question but on reflection, it's something we all eventually think about. I feel I've had a very successfull and rewarding life and have made a reasonable contribution to the advancement of humanity, so although not eager to head to the next existence, I'll accept the reality that I'm movin on down the back side of life. I'd like to think I have another twenty years to contribute but will welcome what may come on what ever schedule has me part thereof. carmel

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

inthe biological response, fight/flight sense, yes i am afraid to die. but i think this is healthy.

in the psychological understanding of my own mortality, no. i do hasten towards death, but i am not afraid to live either (sic).

tetra

• jinjam
    jinjam

yes, I'm afraid to die

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

No - on the contrary I rather look forward to it as long as it doesn't involve fire. What I am afraid of - or don't like the idea of is everything going on without me - the whole planet continuing on and me not existing anymore. All that fun and beauty and me not part of it! no fair!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Not anymore. As a JW I was always afraid i would die due to not being good enough. Now I don't know what will happen when I die, yet I have no fear anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit