Are You Afraid To Die?

by avidbiblereader 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was never afraid to die until my daughter was born. I don't want to leave this earth until my kids are grown.

How I want to die is a different story, most people say fall asleep and never wake up. Well after watching my neighbor die in his chair, just falling asleep seemed so lonely. I watched him just pass away - alone.

I want to be sucked up in a tornado and my body never to be found again. Sick, right? I just want my death to be a good ride.

Brooke

• agapa37
    agapa37

I was never afraid to die until my daughter was born. I don't want to leave this earth until my kids are grown.

My thoughts exactly. Our kids need us and I want to be there for them.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

To an extent, yes. I am afraid to die because my kids would be left without their mother.

I do fear "dying" as far as being in physical pain or mental anguish as the occassion approaches.
    However, I am not afraid of my body actually being dead.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

No. I am not afraid of dying in general, just like Brooke, I don't want to leave my kids behind if they are still young. Lilly

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Yes. I am very afraid of dying.

It sounds brave to say "no, I'm not afraid of dying" ... following with conditions like not wanting to leave your kids, then says that "yes, you are afraid of dying". There's really nothing wrong with admitting to fear.

I love this life and don't want it to end ... and no amount of hope or dream or promise for something better will change that.

If people are not afraid of dying, why do they struggle so to live? Why not just go ahead and die?

Note to those who are not afraid of dying but don't want to leave your kids: Make legal provisions right now for their care. Death often gives no warning.

love to all,

willow

• zack
    zack

I used to be. But then I figured, "Why should I be special?" Everybody dies. If there something else after that, I can't control it or direct it just like I couldn't

control being born.

Zack------

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

**cough, cough*** today I would welcome it **cough****

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

No I am not afraid of death anymore, my kids are grown and my grandkids are arriving but you cant be there for every generation,

So many people in history have died senseless deaths or for no purpose pre-maturely

I just want my death to mean something when I have to die, hopefully Glory and Praise to God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ. Faithfullness is the key.

abr

• Golf
    Golf

Nope! But while alive, I'm going to take advantage of what I can enjoy.

Golf

• sandy
    sandy

I agree with Crumpet in that I am not really afraid of death. I too hate the thought of me not existing anymore. And I hate even more the not knowing what happens after death, if anything at all.

Nobody really knows but, reincarnation is somewhat comforting to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit