Are You Afraid To Die?

by avidbiblereader 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lilybird
    lilybird

Nope not afraid to die..We weren't aware of life before we were born,,I am sure it will be the same after I am gone.I did have a near death experience once..Many people talk about seeing a light..That happened with me..It was a light that made me feel very peaceful and happy.. hard to describe, I have never had that feeling again..But I felt a struggle of being pulled back from the light,, that I wasn't ready..I guess I wasn't because I am still here,,

• Cindyrenee
    Cindyrenee

I am not afraid at all of being dead. The process of dying itself is not something I am looking forward to. As a nurse, I see death frequently. Some people have the blessing of dying a peaceful, painless death, others are not so lucky. Death itself holds no fear for me.

• luna2
    luna2

I would probably have said no...even up til yesterday. I still don't know that I'm exactly afraid of it. Maybe. I had a strange dream last night, tho, and it brought home to me that while I may not be terrified of death, I'm not ready for it.

In the dream, elderly people were discussing death and I did not want to participate in the conversation...all I could think was that I wasn't ready and I didn't want to talk about it. I wrenched myself from the dream situation by waking up. It wasn't frightening or nightmarish, just something I'm apparently not prepared to deal with.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Black Swan and Crumpet..Thanks for the hugs..

Crumpet, you said:

I'm curious as to what you mean about the new world - I assume you don't mean as in a paradisaical sense and not the likely new world which will probably cause catastrophe if global warming continues unchecked?

Guess, I mean the new world, with the good government, without corruption..and fairness and love for everyone. The world without sorrow or pain, and a brotherhood of man, enough food for all, and shelter.. and sickness eradicated..and maybe even death.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

No way..."we're all on the same bus, we just get off on different stops" ....forgot who said that...

• the sage
    the sage

Good question, Avidbiblereader.

And Star Moor, I'm sorry to hear about your health problem. I'm sooo in agreement with your hope. The way I look at it, we left the watchtower organization and not the truth of scripture. Jehovah is a God of the living. The promise is that, those of us that don't quite measure up even to our own expections will be resurrected from the grave with an opportunity for life eternal. Dan.12:2; John 5:28-29; 1Cor 15:21-28, 54-57; Rom 2;7; Rev 21:1-4.

The Sage!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Stan: My brother, and aunt, and first wife, and wife of one of my family's closest friends, died of cancer. I feel for you, in the limited way that a cancer-free person can feel.

There is no need to fear death. imho, there are two options:

1) There is life after death--in which case there is nothing to fear, except for the imaginations of that life which we have made for ourselves;

2) There is no life after death--in which case there is nothing to fear (excluding the options of the last phrase above).

For me: Make my day.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Not afraid of death but maybe the pain of dying may frighten me a little. I don't dwell on it, or worry about it very much.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't want to die, but its part of life itself-part of the experience. When it happens, I don't think-I hope-that I would be afraid of the dying. I had to get a biopsy a few years ago and hated the idea of leaving my family and further traumatizing my mom, but wasn't afraid for me exactly, but the results of me being gone. I know this is horrible-they asked on the radio the other day if you would save your spouse if it meant you had to die. . .and in my head I thought NO, my kids need me-they'd never get to the Dr., Dentist or school on time w/o me. Thats lame, but I feel needed in the here and in the now. Of course, their dad only PAYS for their food, clothing and shelter!! I know he would manage w/o me, but I think it would be kind of a mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit