Label the act for returning to JWism for family only (e.g. Gumby)

by UnConfused 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Aude / UnConfused:
    So which of you gets to choose the description of the word "ToeBanging"?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

That will have to happen via PM's!

• juni
    juni

DEEP LOVE

THAT'S WHAT THE ACT IS CALLED. MAYBE I'M WRONG, BUT PERHAPS GUMBY WOULDN'T WANT A WORD FOR HIS UNSELFISH ACT OF LOVE FOR HIS FAMILY. I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD TAKE IT UPON OURSELVES TO PROCEED W/O GUMBY'S PERMISSION. IF IT SOUNDS GOOD TO HIM, THEN IT'S O.K. WITH ME.

JUNI

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

PERMISSION
    Gumb-Dude would get a kick out of that one...

• Mary
    Mary
    UnConfused said: Nothing could be further from the truth, I haven't seen anyone judging Gumby with his decision and this was only something to help us identify a noble act when one puts his/her love of family before anything else, even rejoining a cult. And I think a Wikipedia entry, whether or not it includes honoring Gumby's name, would be good to help to define what some have to do when fighting a cult for their family.

My own opinion is that Gumby will probably laugh his ass off when he reads some of the possible names people have submitted on here, but I wouldn't put anything on Wikipedia yet without asking him how he'd feel about it. He might think it would be hilarious, or he might not be too keen. That's just my two cents.

I think it's very touching to see how many on here think so much of him and have shown their support of him, especially as he was told that he "only had internet friends", as though we weren't really worth too much and would never really be there for him. I think everyone has proven that statement wrong. As I knew everyone would.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Gumborging is my favourite.

I admire Gumby for what he has done, and feel sorry that he has had to do it to get his family back. It's an act of selfless love, so unlike the jws conditional variety.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Perhaps he is now RE-DUBBED

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    going "Gumbderground"

I like that and "Gumborging"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

gumbborged is my fave

gumbdubbed is a possibility

i wish him the best! i've enjoyed his posts immensely.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I don't know what word best describes his return, but I don't think it's Gumbverted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit