Label the act for returning to JWism for family only (e.g. Gumby)

by UnConfused 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Gumbifying

Gumbification

Gumbnumbing

GumbGamblification

GumbFoolery

ByGumboHeDidIt!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

How about "Gumb-oil" as a verb: To gumb-oil.

Hence my humble "Revised Clam NT" [RCNT] of Lu 15:30, "When this son of yours gumb-oiled, you kill the fattened calf"

Cheers

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

gumbermising

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The term to be used.."Gumbster Royal".....James Bond 007..Gumby 00G.....The Gumbster will infiltrate the Evil Borg..Foul thier plans for family domination..Escape and look good doing it..Watch for his lastest movie.."Gumbster Royal"...OUTLAW

• myelaine
    myelaine

gumby goes in to leave on better terms.....he's a Gumwrapper...hehehe

love michelle

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Gumbulated.

ReBorged.

CG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    UnLeaving for Love

I like that one.

I thought simply FAKING IT.
    But that would really be staying in for the sake of family- not reentering.

How about pretending to fake it. OR prostituting one's spirituality for family.

Selling one's soul for unselfishness.

• Robdar
    Robdar

In my opinion, labeling his decision is the first step towards judging his decision. I don't think that it's up to us to label or judge. Gumby did what he felt he must do. Although it is not something that I would do, I support his decision. More power to him.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I love the ones suggested, 'gumbnumbing'--how it'd have to feel sitting through those meetings that way.

And 'gumwrapper'--to do it so you can leave on good terms. LOL

How about combining these two:

Remember hearing talks with bad grammar and made up words because the brothers didn't know the correct word to use? For instance, someone with a chip on his shoulder goes through a set of challenging experiences which results in his learning something new and developing a more humble attitude. Instead of saying 'He was humbled by the experience,' brothers would say, 'The experience 'humble-ized' him.'

So, in honor of Gumby's proposal, and in reference to the humility (and humilitation endured): How about, a person with a chip on their shoulder about the 'truth,' but who decides for the sake of family to stay low-key about it...we can say he's now gumblized.

He's gone gumble or He's gumblizing it --verb

gumbled or gumblized --adjective

He's a gumbler or He's a gumblizer --noun

Plus it denotes the gamble involved.... --Just a thought.

-----------Good luck to you, Gumby!! I know it's a hard decision whichever way you go.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This has been bothering me, this afternoon, and Robyn came closest to expressing how I actually feel about it. We know and love him for far more than this latest turn of events. I would hate to see my bud being labelled (or a label being attributed to him)due to one action that he feels is in the best interests of his family. It has evidently been a very difficult decision and one that is going to be hard to maintain, as it would be for any of us. Noone needs to live with a negative-accolade.

Bearing that in mind, something like "Familial-ReBorging" might be more appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit