New and SAD...

by The Dreamer 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• lapazman
    lapazman

My thoughts and hopes go out to you. I have lived without my parents and siblings for 34 years since I was df'd. I have dealt with it in self destructive ways and then found true friends, involvement in work and living life. For me it stills hurts but over the years the pain dulls. They are a confused group of people and I for myself cannot let it damage my life. There are real people who care for others unconditionally, please try to find them, it is not that hard. I am new here having lurked on and off over the last few years, this place helps.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome Dreamer, I am truly sorry to hear of your plight and they call this justice, they wouldn't know justice if fell from heaven and hit them in the head.

With good reason King David said "it is better to fall into the judgement of Jehovah than the mercies of men"

It sounds as if you need to go back to at least have some sanity, do what you must to survive and know that Jah knows your heart and your efforts to be pleasing to Him,

Play the game of men, but do in sincerity to survive the quest for life.

abr

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dreamer, Welcome! Nearly 50 years ago I was df'd as a wee lad. It was the best thing that ever happened to me ! Freed from a fanatical cult, a dysfunctional family and allowed to seek out and make new friends. Set a course of making a new "family" and you will live well and prosper! carmel

• becca1
    becca1

Dear Dreamer: Welcome!

You have done the right thing in getting control over your drinking problem. I agree with you, God is merciful and just and he has forgiven you. I'm sorry your BOE feel you need further punishment.

If I were you I would get reinstated and slowly fade out. Re-establish your relashionship with family and friends and drift away with you head held high. Prove to them that you can live a good and moral life w/o being under the control of the WT.

• The Dreamer
    The Dreamer

Hello all...thanks for all of your welcomes and responses...I tried to write last night but, I kept getting an "error" page. So hopefully tonight this will go through. I just want you to know that I am thankful a place like this exists and it helps to not feel so alone...

I appreciate all of you and your responses!Mals

• penny2
    penny2

Many have found comfort here, Mals. You are not alone!

penny2

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Now that you're out, stay the hell out!

That's my advice! You don't know how lucky you are!!!

Pope

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome Mals

I was wondering if your family knew that you were repentant and was still df'd and what they thought about it?

Why do people think that someone is being "helped" by throwing them away when they are begging for help? Had you been counseled before?

I am just wondering if the answers may help you determine how to proceed.

At any rate, glad you are now able to overcome your problem with drinking--it shows the inner strength you have. You have much to contribute to society. Hope you can asses your life and perhaps do something to feel worthwhile-maybe go to college if you haven't, or find a way to help others.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Elders are among the worst for drinking problems - Geez words fail me -WELCOME

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dreamer Mals-WELCOME

I am sorry for the issues that have brought you here, but glad that you found us! In time you will determine your best course from here on out. If you go back knowing that you are doing it not because you think it is the truth but because you love your folks, you will be in a position of strength. I think that you might want to go to the elders NOW, tell them much of what you told us and see if they don't feel that your punishment has been enough in view of your obvious repentance (and true repentance if you have turned away from the drinking and other behavior that got you DF'd) Then you could quietly fade in the new congregation and your parents need only know that you are in good standing. They will clue in to the inactivity eventually, but who knows, but then, they may have some more insight about the "loving provisions for Jehovah's people" and be as ticked off as we are about the way your JC was handled.

I am pleased for you that you are getting the drinking under control. If you haven't gone to AA, try it, I hear its great, and the stresses of the JW thing can get to a person.

Best wishes, my new friend (and fellow citizen of Washington-I am in Lakewood, soon to move to SNO Cty.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit