CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The thing that all these men - the good, the bad and the ugly - all have in common is that they would sell your soul to the WTS within a flicker of unmeasurable time. Some were more subtle and political than others, but loyalty to the crushed human heart is never an option when the Organization whistles for them to come to dinner.

I trusted none of them, never did, never would have, never will.

HS

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Sorry to deviate a little, but did any of you come across Terry and Geraldine Collard. I believe they were at London and the Zambia branch?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    now dont get me started on ray midgley

I've heard a lot of people saying that about Ray, but I always found him ok. He was at our house for a coffee one morning and my 3 yr old brother crashed his toy car into his foot quite hard. Everyone waited for the 'explosion' but he just laughed and got down on his knees to play cars with him, ignoring all the other people in the room who'd been trying to get his attention.

I knew Glen McFarlane and Reuben Ray, both stand in co's who were in congregations near me. The only co I knew well was Andrew someone...., I can't remember his last name. He was co twice in one hall, then I move circuits at the same time as him and had him again. He had a flat in Eyemouth where we spent a lot of time at my grandparents caravan, so we saw a lot of him up there too.

• bernadette
    bernadette

anyone remember David Sibrey. He was a character. From what I know he's at Bethel now. I may be getting mixed up - perhaps he only did temp circuit work. He always looked like he'd been there done it, so what else is new

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

IT:I never trusted David Algar, either. His tones were too "silky" and contrived.

Peter Ellis, there's another Bethel heavy that I had no time for. Ironically He and Ron signed my cheque, to refund the money that had erroneously been taken out of my account by direct debit.

The skinny on my dad being kicked out of Bethel is that they used to pretty much starve them in the early 60s. Mike Read was on the factory floor while my dad was there, but that's an aside. A few of the boys decided to have a midnight snack by raiding the larder, because they were famished. Anyhow, someone grassed them up resulting in Ron deciding to make an example of a couple of them, including my dad. The charge was apparently theft

He was exiled to Pioneer in Manchester where he met my mum and promptly married and had kids. I don't think my gran ever forgave my mum for taking him away from full-time ministry. Since I came from that happy union, I have no cause for complaint

Ron must have blown a gasket when my dad returned for the Elders School in the early 70s

They got up to all sorts of high jinks, at that time. By comparison Bethel is really quiet, now. They don't sew people into mail sacks and stuff, anymore

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bernadette:That name rings a bell, but I can't recall where from.

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Bernadette,

I don't know if David Sibrey did Circuit Work, but he is in Bethel now, he was the main speaker at our Convention last year, and he was a good speaker. He's also wrote some articles for the Awake. I was disappointed when I seen him during one of the breaks and went to speak to him as he clearly wasn't interested in me, especially as I was still trying to convince myself it was 'The Truth' at the time despite mounting doubts. LT, are you sure it's Dave Algar, and not AlgarVE?
  • bernadette
    bernadette

They got up to all sorts of high jinks, at that time. By comparison Bethel is really quiet, now. They don't sew people into mail sacks and stuff, anymore

I understand they still have their moments. When i am d'shpped I'll share.

David Sibrey popped into my head because I had this thought that if anyone was going to question anything he would be the one. He was considered to be a bit of a law unto himself -though I don't mean to cast any aspersions

• bernadette
    bernadette

he was the main speaker at our Convention last year, and he was a good speaker. He's also wrote some articles for the Awake.

oops Zico, wishful thinking on my part.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I can only remember two and that's from my days in London.

Tom Maltby was an unmittigated sack of sh1t, a real rule obsessed shite-house who went down with a relaxed 60% carribean cong like Mahler at a Reggae gig.

I seem to recall David Sidbury,unless there was ALSO a David Salter and I am mixing the two together. He was actually a human being.

Have no recollection of CO's from my last three years as an active Dubbe in Devon. Maybe my brain just edited them out as too painful or traumatic.

For similar reasons I STILL can't recall the Bay City Rollers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit