Is David Beckham worth $250 million?

by unbeliever 43 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    And Gerrard ... purlease ... now that IS overrated IMO

Overrated enough to be footballer of the year last season? Has beckham ever been footballer of the year?? Are you a MANUre fan by any chance?

LFCv

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

His wife is in LA looking for a home there.

From the welcoming she got ...........they sure think/hope he is.

purps

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am old enough to remember a Hockey player named Wayne Gretsky. He was hot in the 1980's, and Canadian. As many people know, Hockey is not a very popular sport in the USA. Well, in some areas it is, but in most areas it is not. Hell, when the season got canceled a couple years ago, a lot of people here were saying, "There is a hockey season, never noticed." Anyway, Hockey is still more popular then Soccer in the USA. Soccer is somewhere between bowling and professional woman's golf, in the USA. Well, back to my thought here. Wayne surprised a lot of people when he decided late in his career to come play Hockey in the US. He played for LA team too. His wife was movie star from LA, so it made sense to live there and let her do her work. His career tanked! Good players do better with good teams, odd how that works. Anyway, it upset and shocked a lot of Canadians that he did this and in the end, it was a bad career move. For decades now, the sporting world has tried desperately to launch a successful following of Soccer in the USA. The money that could be generated in an American fan base, would eclipse all others. Yet, it never happens. Will it happen, will people watch because Beckham is here? I doubt it, most people did not know what the movie title, "Bend it like Beckham" even meant in the USA. We do know who the Spice Girls are though, and he married the cute one. So maybe that will peak some interest in this man. Otherwise, Soccer is dead in the USA and seems on no path to resurrection.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No. But Zinedine Zidane is.

troucul ...

I agree. I would get season tickets to watch ZZ play. He is truly incredible. I only watch soccer occasionally but watching him play is like watching a form of art.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit