Is David Beckham worth $250 million?

by unbeliever 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

Haven't gotten the official scoop on this yet. So what's the deal? Did the L.A. Galaxy put together a package that included corporate endorsements? If so, that's a pretty smart way of going about it, wouldn't you say? I was going to say that every Soccer team in the U.S. should contribute a million or so--because of the attention his arrival will likely create for the sport's popularity here.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Outside the US David Beckham is like gold dust to the marketeers. He already has many endorsements including Pepsi and Gillette which bring him many millions each year. Just by moving to a new club he brings a whole new set of supporters and shirt buyers to the new club and that in itself is worth millions to the club.

Also he and Victoria are always in Heat. Hello Grazia mags.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

It's market driven and it's an entertainment business. I think Beckhams worth whatever he can get.
    I think he would have stayed at MUFC for his whole career if it wasn't for Posh and Sir Alex

He's a nice bloke but he's an ordinary footballer I think. BUT his ball distribution, dead ball and fitness are exceptional.

• ClaireManEater
    ClaireManEater

I never liked him much.
    But now I think he's a real creep

• Simon
    Simon

Soccer is a much better spectator sport than American FootballHandball We'd play Regby But We're too wussy and need the padding-ball. Of course the networks don't want non-stop action without adverts every 10 seconds so you are brought up on a drip feed force fed diet of inferior sport and haven't got with the programme like the rest of the world. Oh, and you stink and get beat by Iran so you don't like it because you can't declare yourselves "world champions" of a game only you play. [breath]

Beckham isn't worh that as a footballer of course ... no one is. But he obviously is as a brand and to promote the sport in North America.

• Simon
    Simon

Actually, I think Beckham is a better player than many give him credit for. The performances for England said more about the useless Swede we had in charge IMO.

And Gerrard ... purlease ... now that IS overrated IMO

• Scully
    Scully

Who is David Beckam?

• codeblue
    codeblue

Not sure if he is really worth $250 million....but he is pretty darn HOT!!!!

Codeblue

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Posh and Becks have been very chummy with TomKat. Apparently, Mr. Beckham chatted it up with Tom Cruise for three hours one night before making his decision to come to LA. I hope that doesn't mean they are becoming lil Xenus (scientologists)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

250 mil?

no way. $250.00 USD / day, on the field only, MAX.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit