Is David Beckham worth $250 million?

by unbeliever 43 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Nobody is worth that amount of money.

A quarter of a BILLION freakin dollars? You know how much good that money could do for the less-than-fortunate in the USA? I think it's disgusting. When the hell did humanity decide that entertainment is more important than the basic needs of those in our country?

Meh, rant over.

FMZ

• icocer
    icocer

Clubs and Sponsors aren't in the business of loosing money. It they are willing to give him $250 mil, they must expect well over that in profit. So sure he is worth it, if he increases companies profits.

And as far as Beckham in LA. Oh Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I shall watch some games.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

You've touched a subject very close to my heart here, i'm a keen Football (Soccer in the US) fan and i support Liverpool FC (Champions of Europe 2005, 1984, 1981,1978,1977) and hence is the lfc in lfcviking (my username). Well i used to watch David Beckham when he played at Manchester United and i always thought he was totally over-rated. For anybody who knows a thing or two about the game of soccer you will know that David Beckham is just not a world class footballer that a lot of people say he is. His game consists of merely crossing the ball & taking free kicks. He cannot dribble, has no pace, not a commited tackler and even though he was captain of England his leadership skills were far from convincing. When you compare him to players like Ronaldinio, Steven Gerrard, Roy Keane he isn't even fit enough to tie their shoe laces. He married a member of a very succesful Girl Band and since then his fame really began to take off and thats why now he's so well known throuought most of the developed world today, not because of his football skills, but because the British Public & Media have nothing else better to do exept put people like this on a pedestal.

Maybe one day he'll be knocked off?? Or maybe you think i'm just jealous of him? Well the answer to that is yes only because he's so rich, nothing to do with how he kicks the round thing.

Yours Jealously

LFCv

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Worth reflects the amount someone is willing to pay. If someone or a group of people are willing to pay $250M then by definition he is worth it.

The reason why someone is willing to pay $250M is because they have an expectation of making more than $250M.

Economics is not a zero sum game. Giving Beckham that amount of money does not mean that $250M is taken away from poor people.

• south african beef
    south african beef

lfcviking - hi there, I'm an Arsenal fan.

Just wondering how your beloved team did against us recently? (twice!)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

SAB

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Twice?? Three times isn't it? You've beaten us 3-0, 3-1 and 6-3 so far this season!! I saw all 3 games and now I HATE YERS!!!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no sport player is worth 250 million.

No matter what ones feelins are on soccer, it is by a huge margin the most pouplar sport in the world - one day the US may catch on to that

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Twice?? Three times isn't it? You've beaten us 3-0, 3-1 and 6-3 so far this season!! I saw all 3 games and now I HATE YERS!!!!!!

its ok viking....we'll get em

tijkmo of the spurs fan class

• south african beef
    south african beef

Tijkmo - of the Spurs (sorry for swearing) class?

Remember earlier this season when we were playing poorly and you were doing quite well (quite well for you anyway!), then we met at The Emirates - oh dear!

Sorry for continually being the top team in North London - oh I forgot about 1961.

Sab - of the Gooner class.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

NO!!!!!!!!!

That being said, he seems like a very nice guy! Things will really have to change for soccer to be a BIG hit over here. I don't see it becoming bigger than football, basketball, or baseball any time soon. Our kids play on school teams, but it just hasn't caught on the way it has in the rest of the world. (That's my take on it, anyway...) It will be interesting to see if he makes a major impact or not.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit