Believer, Agnostic or Atheist?

by lfcviking 75 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hi xena,

that's interesting, that term "spiritual agnostic". as in you are not sure if spirituality exists? or that you are very liberal in your spirituality?

i have been hard on this term "spiritual" in the past. but it really reflected the fact that i had not really switched my definition/idea of what spirituality is from when i was a witnoid. i always associated spirituality with "supernatural" phenomena. but recently the cosmos has shown me that spirituality is nothing more than the evolution of our consciousness. expansion of consciousness. psychogenesis of man, so-to-speak. and everything that happens in the cosmos is a *natural* event, regardless of what it is, or if it is subjective or objective to the viewer/experiencee.

did i ever tell you that LT is one of the coolest christians i have ever met? ever? yup. for sure.

peace out!

tetra

• Xena
    Xena

Hey tetra,

I agree with your latter defination of spiritual, as I feel it applies to me anyway. By the term spiritual agnostic mean that I feel a connection with the cosmos and/or universal consciousness but I'm not sure how or if it relates to God.

did i ever tell you that LT is one of the coolest christians i have ever met? ever? yup. for sure.

I feel the same.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Atheist here, and totally happy with it.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

I believe in God, but he doesn't give two shits about us. Agnostic i guess...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I haven't decided exactly what I am just yet, still searching for that answer but...I don't think I will ever be an atheist. That seems tooo easy.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Terry:

If we dismiss this identification we open up the possibility of being able to self-create by discovering our true identity. It is self-discovery and not an apology of misery.

Well said. Self-discovery rather than an apology of misery. I love it. It's right on the mark.

I just might have to pilfer that one.

j

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Rational, existentialist journeyman. Astronaut, comet, worm.

Bruised and left bleeding by the fists of belief and yet still willing to believe . . . .

• onacruse
    onacruse

Farkel says I'm a Deist.

Whatever that means: I've decided to wait until the Prime Cause initiates communication with me--Lord knows I've initiated plenty of conversations with it, to no avail.

My dog says more to me than god ever has.

Craig

• RAF
    RAF

I went from every stages : Believer, Atheist, Agnostic ... Supid Believer (because of weird things happening) ... to Agnostic again (because I have no idea what good could eventually be - mother nature sounds good enought by then and some specif good and bad force in the nature and as spirits) ... to finally believer (because of weird things happening and reading the bible myself) ... VoilĂ  (its funy to remember all those stages).

• Xena
    Xena
    I went from every stages : Believer, Atheist, Agnostic ... Supid Believer (because of weird things happening) ... to Agnostic again (because I have no idea what good could eventually be - mother nature sounds good enought by then and some specif good and bad force in the nature and as spirits) ... to finally believer (because of weird things happening and reading the bible myself) ... VoilĂ  (its funy to remember all those stages).

I think that is one of the things I love the best about no longer being a dub. Not being locked into a particular belief system anymore. Not having to justify, explain or try to convert anyone else...just living, learning, experiencing and seeing where it take you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit