Believer, Agnostic or Atheist?

by lfcviking 75 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I am curious, what amount people on this board from their experiences of being a baptised & active JW and their subsequent exit from the JW Org (for whatever reason or reasons) are now either Agnostic, Atheist or do some actually still believe in God?

Your honest answers please.

LFCV

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I fired that Jehovah thingy.

I found my path to be Wiccan/pagan.

shell

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i can only choose between the three?

well, i guess i am all three then.

atheist: i do not believe in yhwh or zeus. i guess this makes you an atheist too, unless you believe in zeus.

agnostic: because i am just too lazy to know for sure about the thousands of other gods.

believer: i believe in my own god nature. therefore i am a believer, and a pantheist by extension, not to mention a host of other things including buddhist, anarcho-gnostic, hindu, conscious rastafari, native spiritualist and the list actually goes on.

one of the main things i have learned in leaving the borg, is that you can actually believe in the best from all spiritual practices without any cognitive dissonance.

peace,

tetra

• Jourles
    Jourles

My personal "religious" mantra is:

I prefer to keep my options open.

So I guess that would put me in the agnostic camp.

• Backed away
    Backed away

Ditto with Jourles.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

I am now an atheist. I accept that many people want and need to believe in a god, but personally I don't.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Never baptized a jw-now athiest.

• JH
    JH

Eh, bbbb b b bb beliver

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

At different times I could be called any of the three.

I have too many questions and areas I can't square to be called a believer all the time.
    I have had too many experiences that I can' explain to be called an athiest but there are times when I look up and see stars alone when I want more. At those times I feel an athiest.
    Many times I try to see both sides of the argument on matters of religion and can end up on the side of questioning rather than answering - then I'm agnostic.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Used to be an atheist, with reguards to all gods except Jehovah, now I am an atheist to one more jehovah. I don't know if there is a god but since i don't believe in any I guess I'm an atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit