Why do you post?

by avidbiblereader 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hope that people who can relate will answer me. Even if they don't, it's very
    refreshing to get things out of my system. To type my feelings on a JW issue
    really helps me to vent, not blow up at the Kingdom Hall. As I attend less, I might
    be able to post less.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I post so that I can get my butt chewed by complete strangers! I kid! I kid!

I'm learning a lot about the organization and it's hold on people. After a couple of months of posting, I came to realize how badly duped that I was and that I still was suffering from some of the organization's brainwashing. It was hard to say anything bad about the Watchtower at first. Then I, gradually, began to see it for what it was. I learned to separate "the society" from God. Of course, it got deeper. I'm now reflecting on the whole ideal of religion and it's purpose.

I'm learning more and more everyday.

• lurker
    lurker

ABR: As you know I lurked for a long time. But now I am so frustrated with the WTS that I decided it was time to get involved. I hope that I can assist others in their frustration with the WTS. I am open to questions and PMs but I am really cautious about revealing personal information at this time. I have been rewarded for it by meeting some nice people like yourself that I would not have met if I stayed in the shadows. BY THE WAY THERE ARE SOME GREAT PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE WATCHTOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moshe
    moshe

I post for mental exercise. My wife can do the entire puzzle page in our newspaper in about 30 minutes and for me this forum is my puzzle page. The hardest accomplishment is to have an original thought and be the first one to get it posted. There are so many quick thinkers on JWD.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

self amusement, I usually stick to the more lighthearted threads.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    I post because I get bored swinging the cat around the room by it`s tail...OUTLAW

NO, OUTLAW! BAD, BAD OUTLAW!!! Poor kitty!

Anyway, I like to post because this is the only place I can go to 'converse' with people who have all been in the same boat. Unless you are an ex-dub (or very closely related to one), you really can't relate to the emotional, psychological, and physical after effects that we ex-dubs experience. You guys rock! (Does that make me sound too '1980's'?)

• agapa37
    agapa37

I don't post much for a couple of reasons. For one, I am new in here and two, for some reason I can only make five posts. Nonetheless; the reason why I post here is similar to avids but with a little twist.

For me, I enjoy talking to others who can understand my experience but more importantly for me, I know there are lurkers or people right on the fringes who are sick of all of it. I try to give a Biblical explanation on matters that shows the error of going beyond the things written. I dont feel nor do I believe I am totally right on any matter but the Bible is so clear when you leave behind the WT philosophy?

• Golf
    Golf

I like to share the brighter side of life. We've all have gone through enough negative and disappointing experiences, it's refreshing and uplifting to share positive posts. Thanks for asking.

Golf

• choosing life
    choosing life

I post because there is no one else that I can talk to who doesn't think I am bad for asking questions about the policies of the Watchtower. My family are mostly dubs and an open conversation is impossible. The family I have that have never been dubs can't begin to contemplate what I am even talking about. They think I must be crazy for letting some strangers in New York make my decisions for me, ever.

Then there is the hope that something I say might sometime help someone who is struggling to leave. When your surrounded by Witnesses, it is very easy to get sucked back in again, rather than go through all the effort and pain of standing up for what you know is right and refusing to support an organization that is bloodguilty. I know others helped me when I left just by reading their comments.

It is kinda like when you are a stay at home mom and you just yearn for some adult conversation. Here there is free and open opinions. And I have always believed you can learn something from everybody.

• becca1
    becca1

I post to keep my sanity and encourage others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit